1Password 6.5.401 and 1Password 6 in general.

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I don't have much to complain about 1Password 6 in general but the UI bothers me. On an 1920x1080 screen, It is just oversized, unfortunately. I like it as a whole but the "big blocks" bother me conpared to 1Password 4. 1Password 6.5 does look better compared to the earliest versions of 1Password 6 but it is still "big".

I'm assuming that there won't be much of an improvement in future releases then?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @wkleem there will be always improvements, 1Password 6 is made from the Windows 10 Universal app, so it inherited rather larger touch friendly UI. However, we are working on updated Universal app for Windows 10 users, and it will make more sense to keep touch friendliness there, while providing more comfortable desktopish UI for desktop app users.

You can use Ctrl+Plus and Ctrl+Minus keys to make larger/smaller font even today, so you can adjust UI a bit to your taste. We have some ideas how to build on top of that functionality, please let us know if something looks really wrong to you. Thank you!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi

I forgot to add that I am still on Windows 7. Thanks for the reply. I like the 1Password 4 drop down menu in Firefox and Chrome browser extensions.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

We are improving 1Password 6 constantly, so please keep your feedback coming, we really appreciate it. :+1:
    Is there a specific reason why you are still on Windows 7, by the way? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg,

Is there a specific reason why you are still on Windows 7, by the way? Thanks!

I have a 5 year old laptop and usually, there are performance issues when using the latest OSes on old machines. I intentionally did not sign up for the free Win 10 upgrade when it was available. There may be a loophole which I haven't explored which is that Windows 10 is free for users of assistive tech. No proof is needed apparently.

https://microsoft.com/en-gb/accessibility/windows10upgrade

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

It is better to try it than make an assumption, especially if you can make a clone of the drive and restore it back to Windows 7 if Windows 10 doesn't work.

I've found Windows 10 to be identical or faster than Windows 7 on older hardware that I've tried but of course, given the number of hardware combinations out there, it may not be true for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.