1Password Mini (Windows) functionality

Deverill
Deverill
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all. I just wanted to offer my feedback for what it's worth. I personally don't care much for the icons representing categories of information - logins, credit cards, identities, etc. It is extra fiction to decipher the icons, which may seem obvious. To look and say, "Oh, yeah, that one is the credit card-looking one" is not nearly as clear as the Mac version, for instance, that says "Credit Cards >". Would it be possible to offer that as an option at some point maybe?

You guys always ask for feedback so I wanted to speak up. Thanks for 1P and thanks for listening!

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Deverill: We're in agreement. While the default icons are useful shorthand for visually distinguishing between item types, they aren't useful for distinguishing between items of the same type. We'll definitely be adding Rich Icons and the ability to add custom icons in a future update. And I think you may be making another good point with raged to the lack of labels for the categories in 1Password mini. We've had complaints that 1Password mini is too big, so the category names are exposed via tooltip (great for accessibility), but perhaps we can find other ways of making them easier to distinguish at a glance. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us feedback on this! :)

This discussion has been closed.