red circle with #1 in it at the key icon in my browser

drudd45
drudd45
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

What does the red circle with #1 in it at the key icon in my browser mean?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:red circle with #1 at the Key icon in my browser

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drudd45: It means that the 1Password extension cannot connect to the app. Since you're using Sierra, there are a number of thing that could cause this. Whatever you do, don't remove the extension unless you're certain that all of your data is in the app. New logins you save in the browser cannot be sent to the 1Password app while the two cannot communicate.

1Password 3 overall has some issues on El Capitan and Sierra since it was designed back in 2009. 1Password 3 has not been under active development for years and won't be receiving updates. The only way to get 1Password 3 to work the way it did with an earlier OS X version or browser would be to go back to that. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 6, one the other hand, fully supports OS X Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra. You'll have a better experience there, so you may want to consider upgrading.

Are you able to see all of your data when you open the main 1Password app? Which browser version are you using?

This discussion has been closed.