Problem with 1password6 and credit card details on a web page

Options

Hello, Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit), latest 1`Password6 and plugin, Windows 10 + Creators Update. I was on this page https://account.microsoft.com/billing/payments#/?state=add trying to add my credit card details using the 1password helper. I find this doesn't work at all with 1password6. I think the first time I tried the plugin crashed. I restarted Chrome and now the plugin doesn't crash but neither does it do anything useful. I have once again reverted to 1password4 which works flawlessly every time and it added my credit card details in perfectly.

Guys, I am a massive fan of 1password and always recommend it when I can. However I am really struggling to like 1password6 in the same way. The 1password6 UI seems huge and wastes a lot of screen space and it seems not as stable as 1password4 and certainly not as rich in features, eg attachments seems to be gone now and replaced with documents, and no secure desktop unlock. I am also lukewarm about the subscription model for 1password6. I know it's a work in progress so I'll keep on checking to see how it evolves in time. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wombat,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I've managed to reproduce the crash on Microsoft's billing site, it appears to be the way the extension is parsing the data for filling the data in, which overloaded the 1Password mini and crashed as the result. To get 1Password mini back to normal operation, you have to restart the entire app. We'll get this fixed soon.

As for 1Password 6, it is a young program and will keep getting improvements, 1Password 4 isn't immune to crashes but it is a 7+ year old mature codebase where 1Password 6 still hasn't had its first birthday. It is not an excuse but we're made a lot of progress since its first stable release back in Oct and we'll keep pushing it forward. Note, this is in fact the first time I've seen this type of extension issue, so it is not a common issue.

Attachments aren't gone because of 1Password 6, that's how 1Password.com works with attachments and 1Password 6 is only available for 1Password.com memberships. Document is a category of attachments that you can link to other items or shared with other users on your 1Password account.

Secure Desktop is on our list, which is granted a bit long compared to 1Password 4 but we're reducing the list every month.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Wombat,

When I restarted the app, it did fill in my credit card information correctly on the next attempt. Strangely, I can't make it crash again. We'll keep investigating.

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT I only crashed it once but it steadfastly refused to fill anything in after restarting. Glad to hear you managed to reproduce it.

Thanks for all your comments. I'm over halfway through my free month with 1password6. I'm not sure how I can 'kick the tyres' on future versions of 1password6 without buying a month's subscription every time. Any thoughts?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @wombat,

That's strange, can you send me a diagnostics report from 1Password 6, there might be another reason. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks for all your comments. I'm over halfway through my free month with 1password6. I'm not sure how I can 'kick the tyres' on future versions of 1password6 without buying a month's subscription every time. Any thoughts?

Just let the subscription expire, you'd always be able to sign in and view your data as well as filling them in, you just can't edit or add new items. All 1Password apps will still work with the frozen accounts.

• wombat
    wombat
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT sent. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Got it, thanks. We'll reply as soon as possible.

ref: BVE-84646-826

This discussion has been closed.