Replacing 1Password.agilekeychain with new version?

Options

I'm using 1password 4 on Windows 7 at work. I normally keep my passwords on DropBox, but my work doesn't allow access to DropBox. So, I put the file (copied from my mac) on to a shared drive (so I can hit it from all 3 of my windows PCs at work).

Since I copied it to my shared drive, I have added many many newer passwords on my DropBox enabled computers (iMac, macbook, iPhone). I would like to update that old file (folder) on the shared drive with a current copy. How do I do that? Do I replace the whole directory? Or just a file in it? This is the structure I have.

Also, should I make sure the app is closed? And do I need to close any browser that has the plug in installed?

Thanks

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 6.1.620
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: File on shared drive

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

Thanks for writing in.

First, back up the vault from both sides, the Dropbox copy and the shared drive copy, and put it in a separate directory on the shared drive.

Always close 1Password apps before you replace folders and yes, you just replace the folder.

I would recommend looking for a portable app that could sync your folder between multiple computers with the shared drive. As long as the app is smart enough to replace files based on timestamps in both directions and not delete anything, you should be okay doing this.

Make sure 1Password on your Mac is set to back up often.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike. I am a little confused though... On my PC, the folder name in my shared drive is "1Password.agilekeychain". But on my Mac, in DropBox, the folder is just named "1Password". I zipped it up on the mac and moved the zip to a memory stick. Then on the PC, I created a back of the "1Password.agilekeychain" folder. Now I'm in the process of un-zipping the 1Password.zip" file on to the shared drive, but it appears that it will create a folder named "1Password", and not "1Password.agilekeychain"

Can you please advise?

Thanks

• MikeT
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

Did you go inside the 1Password folder? It may be the parent 1Password folder that is not the vault.

The default parent directory is Dropbox > Apps > 1Password and inside there is the 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

Ah..... You are correct. Duh... Thanks

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

• ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Options

That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

This discussion has been closed.