This help page seems out of date?

bonk1971
bonk1971
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/

Is there a more up to date way to do multipage login without creating two separate entries? The way it appears to work now is to copy over top of what is on the first page. I do not see options 3 and 4 in step two on that help page. Can this still be done?

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Chrome 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not sure

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@bonk1971: Indeed, that's the best general way to do it. There are certainly some tricks that can be used to make a single login item work on multiple forms, but it depends entirely on how the website is coded. Creating a separate login for each step will almost always work though, since 1Password will have information specific to each specific form you're asking it to fill. That's the best information we can give without knowing the specifics though, so it's what we include in our knowledgebase, as it's most likely to be successful and frankly doesn't ask a lot of the user.

It's experimental, but you could always try creating a "generic" (for lack of a better term) login by hand in the main 1Password app itself:

1. Open the main 1Password app
    2. Create a new Login item
    3. Fill in the username, password, and website fields
    4. Save it and try it in the browser

In this case, since 1Password has no information about the page, it won't be trying to fill the form it originally saved even if it changes. It will just do its best to find a username and password field. Period. I've found this to be useful on sites that serve a different page based on the user agent (mobile versus desktop, for instance). Let me know if that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.