1 Password Desktop App No Access

Options

Im not abel to login in to the 1 password desktop app with my master passsword

I can login in to the website fine without any issues but I can use the app at all. I type the password and lock turns red

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike3381: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, did you perhaps setup 1Password initially with a different Master Password? It will use the Master Password of the first vault/account you added unless you change it later. Let me know what you find!

• Mike3381
    Mike3381
    Community Member
    Options

1 Password Version 6.5.401

Extension 4.6.5.90

OS Windows 10 64 bit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Mike3381: Okay. Are you using a 1Password.com account? Did you change your Master Password at some point? Or did you setup 1Password 6 originally with a local vault? Have you tried others you've used? Whichever Master Password you were using there originally will be required until you explicitly change it in Settings > Options > Advanced.

This discussion has been closed.