Auto Save

Options

Most of the time my 1password is locked. The passwords I daily use are stored in my browser password manager (Chrome and Firefox).

With the new 6.5-Version of the app, on every site I have to login, the app pops up because of the auto save-feature, even if I'm locked. And it wants to enter my master password. But I only want the auto-save feature when my 1password isn't locked because my browser does fill in the daily passwords I use. In the past it worked fine if I remember correct.

Sure I can disable Auto-Save, but then It doesn't work if 1password isn't locked and I want to auto-save.

Thanks and regards

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.5.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FrancoisD: Correct. Though it isn't perfect and doesn't always work, 1Password should prompt to save any login credentials it doesn't already have. And we definitely want it to work consistently whether 1Password is locked or unlocked. As you mentioned, you can disable "Detect usernames and passwords and offer to save them" in 1Password Settings > Options > Browsers if you don't want 1Password to do this. If it helps, you can manually tell 1Password when you do want it to save by manually choosing "Save new login" from the Settings "gear" menu in 1Password mini. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• FrancoisD
    FrancoisD
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Thanks for your reply. 1password also prompts me in locked modus when the website and the credential are already stored, stored in my browser password manager AND in 1password. Is this the right way?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FrancoisD: Ah, well that's different! If you already have the login saved in 1Password, it shouldn't be prompting you to save it again. We definitely want it to prompt you to save credentials it doesn't have though. This is very much by design, and how we (and the vast majority of users) expect 1Password to work. When it falls short, it can be confusing and frustrating. That's what I thought you meant. Thanks for clarifying! Please tell me the following, so we can test and narrow down the problem:

1. Browser and version number
    2. URL for the login form
    3. Confirm that the username and password already saved in 1Password match what you're entering on the site exactly when 1Password prompts you to save it again

Just keep in mind that 1Password has no way of knowing when you have login credentials stored in the browser. We'll get to the bottom of this!

• FrancoisD
    FrancoisD
    Community Member
    Options

It happens on many sites, i.e facebook.com.
    Firefox 53.0 (german)

Now i tested it again. Logged into facebook.com, locked 1password poped up, I entered master pw and then it wanted to update existing credential and I did. But don't know what it updated.

Then I closed browser and 1password. Started 1password (locked modus) and browser again, logged into facebook and same thing, 1password poped up and wanted to update the existing credential (again).

Maybe a problem with my addons? If you need more details about my browser and addons or something like that, can I email you? Thanks.

• Hey @FrancoisD,

That sounds like a bug and yes, we'd appreciate you creating a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/78347/auto-save
    • Your forum username: FrancoisD

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.