edited September 2011
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • triad
    triad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I have 1Password for Windows and 1Password 3 for iOS. I know that 1Password3 is no longer supporting Dropbox sync. I planned to buy 1Password4 for iOS but I read that 1 Password 4 for iOS can only synce with 1Password for Windows via Drobbox. I will definitely not store my data on the Drobbox cloud and b/c you are not offering WLAN sync (like for MAC...) or **secured **cloud solutions for data sync (like owncloud), I will not upgrade to 1Password 4 for iOS.
    Why I am posting here is my ask for help b/c my agilekeychain on my PC is outdated and corrupt so I need to find a way to transfer all my data from my 1Password 3 for iOS to my 1Password for Windows. I exported the backup file from my iOS device to my Windows PC but I cannot import it to 1Password for Windows neither edit or somehow gain access to my data.
    I paid a lot of money for the iOS app and also the Windows Software so please support my request accordingly.
    Thanks in advance!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm surprised by your reluctance to use Dropbox sync'ing any more, @triad. With your current setup of 1Password 3 for iOS and 1Password for Windows, Dropbox was the only sync option. Why would it be less secure now than before?

That said, please try following the instructions in the article "What if all my 1Password data is already on my iPhone?" in the "FAQ" section of the user's guide, accessible from the Help menu and in the Support area of our web site.

I hope that helps, @triad. Please let us know how it goes.

• triad
    triad
    Community Member
    Options

@DBrown: I am surprised that you didn't follow world press in regard to NSA actions on US companies like Facebook, Google but also Dropbox. Maybe just a few links in regard to that topic:
    https://www.boxcryptor.com/en/blog/tags/nsa-dropbox (btw. can 1Password access files crypted via Boxcyrptor?)
    http://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-secure-is-dropbox,review-1809.html
    http://techonomy.com/2013/07/as-nsa-worries-cloud-dropbox-tonido-offers-its-personal-cloud/
    Btw. European IT journals and the whole EU press are strongly recommending not to use Dropbox to sync confidential information any more.
    I have credit card, website, online bank, etc. logon informaiton, wifi access points etc. saved through your software, so I would like to keep them confidential.

Sorry, this was off-topic. Back to my request.
    I read through this article:
    http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/iOS-to-Windows.html
    In step 4 following is written:
    "In 1Password on your iPhone, configure Dropbox syncing (using the Dropbox e-mail address and password from step 2 and the 1Password master password from step 3); and let the Dropbox sync finish."

How should I sync my 1Password 3 iOS app with the Dropbox cloud? This service is no longer available I understood?
    Refering to: http://blog.agilebits.com/2013/08/08/1password-3-dropbox-sync-faq/

Thanks for your support.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

@triad Yes, Dropbox has access to your data. Yes, the NSA might have access to your Dropbox. But your 1Password data is encrypted. The NSA is going to have a hard time decrypting your data (assuming you have a strong master password, and the NSA hasn't weakened the standards-based encryption we use).

• triad
    triad
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply, but I hope that you' reenact that I don't want to assume and I don't feel safe with Dropbox any more so I ask for another way to get access to my data on my iPhone. Also, as I mentioned above, I am willing to support your products in the future, if you are going to implement alternative sync options in iPassword 4 <- -> iPassword for Windows.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@triad If you want to sync between Mac and Windows (not iOS), then you can use Dropbox or Google Drive or SkyDrive. At the moment, 1Password for iOS can sync with Windows via Dropbox only. We're working on Wi-Fi Sync for Windows, so that you can sync iOS and Windows without the cloud.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@triad, the fact that your 1Password data is even more solidly encrypted than ever is why I was surprised that you were less confident in using Dropbox to sync it. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

Your 1Password data is still as safe as your master password is hard to guess.

• triad
    triad
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your support. I will wait for the new WLAN sync option. Do you have any idea how long it will take until release?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We don't predict when a particular release of any of our products might become available, because things always come up that delay our efforts, and we really don't want to disappoint anyone by missing an arbitrary date. Know that we're working round the clock, though, and we'll make version 4 available as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.