questions about standalone app or subscription

Options

Comments

• prpllrhd
    prpllrhd
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    I purchased 1password on itunes. How is it different from a monthly subscription based.
    I have 2 macs (laptop and imac). How do I enable and sync it on both my computers and my iphone.

Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @prpllrhd,

Thanks for contacting us with your questions! Because this is a bit different than the previous thread, I've moved your message to a new discussion. I hope you don't mind!

When you say you purchased 1Password on iTunes, do you mean you purchased it from the Mac App Store? Did you purchase it as a standalone app or did you sign up for a 1Password.com subscription account?

If you paid for the standalone app, that allows you to install and use it on your Macs, but doesn't include an account on 1Password.com, and doesn't include the Windows version or the Pro features for the iOS (or Android) version. When using 1Password as a standalone app, you can sync your data between your two Macs via iCloud or Dropbox.

On the other hand, a subscription for a 1Password.com account gives you access to all of the apps/Pro features, web access to your data on 1Password.com, automatic sync (no settings to configure, just sign into your account in the app), no upgrade fees for future versions, and more. You can read about all the benefits here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

How do I enable and sync it on both my computers and my iphone.

If you signed up for a 1Password.com account, you don't need to configure any sync settings. Just sign into your account in the 1Password app on each device, and your account data will automatically sync.

If you're using 1Password as a standalone app, you'll need to use one of the other sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

Hopefully that answers your questions, but please let us know if you need anything else. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.