I am trying to install the browser extension for the first time but getting an error. Help?

Options

I tried to install the browser extension on my PC. I got the following message: There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please visit the Chrome Web Store directly and try again. If the problem persists, please contact us for assistance.

So then I went to Chrome Web Store, clicked on the "add to Chrome" button, and got the following message: "Ooops. 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet (extension ID "aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk") is blocked by the administrator."

What am I doing wrong, or what is blocking the installation?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@slafritz: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Do you perhaps have limited permissions on this machine — for example, in a business environment? It's also possible that Chrome is simply damaged. Unfortunately it will not be possible for you to install the 1Password extension if Chrome will not allow it for whatever reason, and this isn't something we can solve for you. But you could use another browser if Chrome is locked down or not working properly on your system. Do you have better luck in Firefox?

ref: KHC-76229-737

This discussion has been closed.