Keyboard Navigation with 1Password Mini is a horror

Options

Hello,

I'd like to request an improvement of the keyboard navigation experience in 1Password Mini. For me it's really a horror how it's implemented currently.

Consider this workflow:
1. You are on a website or in an application that is not automatically detected/filled by 1Password Mini.
2. You open Mini App with the default shortcut (on german keyboard Ctrl+Alt+#).
3. Type directly what you are searching for
4. Item found and selected via cursor up/down

Now how to proceed? There are no shortcuts to copy username/password etc. Even pressing the context menu key does not help because it does not open the context menu of the item but the context menu of the whole window (which is of course not expected because to the user the item list seems to be focused). The only way to go on is to press tab and then context menu and then select the item you wish to copy.

It would be really nice to have keyboard shortcuts for the default combinations:

• Copy username
  • Copy password
  • Pressing context menu key opens the context menu of the item instead of the window

BR,
Andreas

1Password Version: 6.6.423
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (1703)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aguther: Thanks for the feedback! We definitely want to allow for better keyboard navigation. We'll continue making improvements in this area, and please do continue to share your thoughts and experiences with us. Thanks for participating in the beta! :)

• GoShawn
    GoShawn
    Community Member
    Options

I agree. I know this is months old, but I am on Windows 10 using 1Password and the navigation on macOS via keyboard is loads better.

Please make keyboard navigation on Windows 10 possible. Nothing better than to hit CTRL+ALT+\ and then a couple arrow keys right and down to copy a password or OTP. It would be fast as all get out for me and I wouldn't need to lift my hands off the keyboard to use the mouse.

Thanks!

--Shawn

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GoShawn: Thanks for the feedback! We've improved it a lot since last summer, but there's always room for more. Can you tell me specifically the keyboard shortcuts you're looking for? I can't promise anything, but we'll absolutely take your suggestions into account as we continue to develop the new Windows app. :)

This discussion has been closed.