Exporting a password list

Options

Hi, I have created a list of machine logins and passwords for our group here at work and I'm having issues trying to figure out how to export the list so we can have a hard copy on file. If I open the Passwords folder in the program and go to File -> export, no matter what format I choose, the only option is to choose "All' Logins", but then it prints all my login information, without the items I wanted to export. If I choose "Selected Logins", the OK box is grayed out. Can someone please help with this?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @dgp66,

Thank you for reaching out!

I checked how export works in 1Password 4 on my side and it seems to be okay. Could you please try to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 4.
    2) Select the items you want to export (select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them).
    3) Then choose File > Export.
    4) Select .CSV and Selected Logins.
    5) Click OK.

Does it work? Please let us know. Please note:

Exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords. Do not email exported data files or keep them on the cloud. Delete them when you are done with them.

On a related note, if you want to use 1Password with your team at work, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password Teams, which we created specifically for cases like yours:

1Password Teams

When you have a team account, you can easily share items with your team and it will be safe and secure. We will be happy to answer all of your questions, if you are interested.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dgp66
    dgp66
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. When I select the items, choose File > Export, select CSV and tick "Selected Logins", the OK button greys out to where I cannot go any further:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dgp66: Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. We were under the impression that you were trying to export Login items. Those can be exported in a variety of formats, but Password items (which you appear to have selected) can only be exported in 1PIF format. Just click the dropdown menu to switch to that from CSV, and you can export everything. Cheers! :)

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@dgp66,

I'm guessing you're wanting a human readable file, or printout. 1PIF is a text file, but likely not what you are trying to share with others. You can use the converter suite to convert the 1PIF into CSV or other formats. If you need this, reply here, and we can discuss your needs more. Otherwise, you can just ignore my comments here.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @dgp66,

Please let us know if you are able to export your password items. We are always ready to help, if you need us. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.