trouble syncing

Options
PamP
PamP
Community Member

hi, my husband and I have a family account. he uses windows and until recently an iPhone. i have a mac and an android phone. he got an android yesterday (actually I had that phone before we factory reset it) and we gave had an impossibly hard time having him login to the app. i am the administrator of the family account. we tried using the QR code to scan it on the android and then have him ENTER his master password, the one for his vault and that didn't work. we tried also to login to our 1password url with the email associated with his vault in our family account and his master password online and that didn't work either!!!! i tried to do the same with my email and my master password and my vault got addes. Also, when i go online to the administrator page i can see my vault, our shared vault and how vault but while in the shared and in mine I can see multiple items, in how vault i see 0 items and according to the admin page the last time he synced was in March. that's impossible because he was using his iphone with the latest logins until yesterday. how do we ensure that 2password 6 on windows 7 is synching to the server???? and how do we login with HIS. master password?!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PamP: It really sounds like your husband was previously using the standalone 1Password app without an account, or that he at least was using one or more local vaults alongside a 1Password .com account. Keep in mind that to access a vault, you'll need to enter the specific Master Password you set for that vault, which may be different from one you set for an account or another vault. Where is his data currently? It sounds like he's not seeing it when he logs into 1Password.com. Is it on another device? Let me know the OS, 1Password, and devices versions there. Thanks in advance! :)

• PamP
    PamP
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

hi, he really wasn't using a separate vault because had he been doing that he would have needed a license which he doesn't have. also he created his vault when i sent him an invitation through 1password. his data is on his pc with windows 7 and on his old iPhone 4 but we are not able to login to the android which is a nexus 6 with latest Android

• PamP
    PamP
    Community Member
    Options

he doesn't have a separate account to login to 1password. com. we only have a family account

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

hi, he really wasn't using a separate vault because had he been doing that he would have needed a license which he doesn't have. also he created his vault when i sent him an invitation through 1password. his data is on his pc with windows 7 and on his old iPhone 4 but we are not able to login to the android which is a nexus 6 with latest Android

@PamP: If he's using an iPhone 4, he cannot access a 1Password.com account there. 1Password.com accounts require 1Password for iOS version 6, which requires iOS 9 or 10. I believe that the most recent iOS version that can be installed on an iPhone 4 is iOS 7. So he'll definitely have a local vault in that case, completely separate from a 1Password.com account. There just isn't any way to use a 1Password.com account there. Are you certain of the model?

What is the exact Android version number you're running on the Nexus 6, and what problem are you having there? Without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please also tell me the 1Password version you're using there, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance!

he doesn't have a separate account to login to 1password. com. we only have a family account

With a 1Password Families plan, each member should have their own account, with a Master Password of their choosing, and a unique Secret Key, both of which they use to access their data. Are you saying he has been using your account instead?

This discussion has been closed.