Broken Update

rosenkrieger
rosenkrieger
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am unable to use 1Passwort at the moment so I cannot provide version info. I am simply getting this error:

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rosenkrieger,

Thanks for writing in.

What anti-malware solution are you using? That looks like the file may have gotten flagged and removed before it could start it.

Were your web browsers running at the time? Can you try closing all web browsers and update 1Password once more, see if it works better?

• rosenkrieger
    rosenkrieger
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

I am using ESET MultiDevice Security which contains ESET Anti-Virus and ESET Internet Security. I did have Chrome open the firs time. Closed everything I could find, but same (non-working) results.

So I ended up uninstalling 1Password with the REVO Uninstaller Pro - and then restarted the computer and reinstalled the latest version from the website. I would stay off the beta for a few days and see if everything keeps working.

So for the moment I do have access again and 1P is updated (Release Version).

• MikeT
    edited June 2017

Hi @rosenkrieger,

1Password beta and stable builds are the same builds now. So, it is not because of the beta builds causing this, you would've seen it happen before.

Does ESET have logs that you can review to see if it flagged the file?

This discussion has been closed.