Error: Failed to load vault: Request timed out. This probably means that you're not connected...

Options

I am experiencing this issue on my corporate LAN using Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit) on Windows 8.1.

It is only issue on the corporate network, thus I acknowledge that it is a network related issue.

However, it is not a connectivity issue, the web site loads, the vault doesn't load.

The vault does load on this laptop and browser using a personal network (mobile broadband, home network, etc.).

What technical details do I need to know about why the vault is not loading (timing out) so that I can determine whether there is anything I can tell the company IT department regarding SOE / network settings so that I can use the 1Password functionality in the office?

I am also experiencing an issue with the Windows 1Password software not synchronising via my 1Password account on this network (using a PAC proxy). I have been unable to find the relevant settings in this forums or on the web for tweaking the Internet Options for the proxy settings.

Thanks, Michael

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:error failed to load vault

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @mikerobbo34,

Thanks for writing in.

The PAC proxy is something that 1Password 6 doesn't fully support at the moment, Windows doesn't pass the information down to the network stack we use in 1Password, and so 1Password has no path to our servers, even though your browsers do.

To figure this out, please reproduce the issue and send us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what issue it has reaching our servers. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mikerobbo34
    mikerobbo34
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Mike. Will do.

• mikerobbo34
    mikerobbo34
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT E-mail message with requested diagnostics report sent support+windows@agilebits.com

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikerobbo34: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: XTR-32755-831

This discussion has been closed.