1Password app not opening on my Windows 10 machine

Options

I have tried reinstalling it several times, rebooting the system but the app just won't open, I was using it fine yesterday and now it doesn't open anymore.

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Vault
Referrer: forum-search:1Password app not opening on my Windows 10 machine

Comments

• MikeT
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @rickard2014,

Thanks for writing in.

Do you see it in the notification area when you open 1Password again? 1Password may restart to the minimized state in the notification area if you've closed 1Password while it is in that state.

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you are using? Can you disable it and reinstall 1Password 6.6 to see if it works?

• rickard2014
    rickard2014
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply @MikeT
    I have been using only the windows default antivirus and anti-malware software, no third parties. I see the little lock in the notification area, but when I hover the mouse over it, it disappears and when I open the program through the launcher, a blank window appears, freezes and closes.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rickard2014,

Thank you for the reply! Sorry for the delay with our answer. :frown:

Could you please do the following to collect the logs and share them with us:

1. Click on the start button to search for "Event Viewer".
    2. On the left sidebar, expand "Applications and Services Logs", 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select "Save all events as" and save it as 'logs.txt', set "Save as Type" to "Text (tab delimited) (*.txt).
    4. Attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email. We will take a look and let you know what we find out. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• rickard2014
    rickard2014
    Community Member
    Options

Good evening @Greg
    Apparently there was some sort of conflict with the app and MSI Afterburner, so I reinstalled both and now it is fine.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rickard2014: Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear you've figured it out. :) If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.