I want to open multiple tabs with 1 Password

Options

Currently every time i open a new stored log in, it overwrites my current tab. I would like subsequent logins to open in new tabs.

1Password Version: 1 Password 6 With Cloud
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Your Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:everytime i go into a stored login, i'd like it to open in a new tab.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@Hoffman_Vault: You're right. That's a really useful feature to have. I can't say for certain when, but it's something we'll be adding to 1Password 6 in a future update. In the mean time you can always hit Ctrl T to open a new tab before invoking 1Password Ctrl \ and that helps. Cheers! :)

ref: OPW6-867, ACA-43562-458

• sdkman
    sdkman
    Community Member
    Options

I had this '...really useful feature...' in version 4; and it seems a retrograde step to have it removed in version 6, especially when it has become an expected way of working; it is very frustrating. Why was the feature removed?

• Hi @sdkman,

Thanks for writing in.

It wasn't removed; we're building a separate (new) codebase with 1Password 6 and we haven't implemented this specific feature yet. Despite the version number being higher, 1Password 6 is technically not an upgrade to 1Password 4, which is why there are no paid upgrades nor are 1Password 4 customers being offered this upgrade.

We are working as fast as we can to re-implement all of the previous features but it will take some time and 1Password 7 will be the first upgrade to 1Password 4 with the full local vaults support.

• sdkman
    sdkman
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies for my assumptions, and thank you very much for explaining the situation. I look forward to all 1Password enhancements, because I absolutely love it! Considering the time and effort it saves me, it is wonderful value for money; so good, in fact, I subscribe :-)

Thanks again Mike!

• MikeT
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for your understanding and there is no need to apologize, it is technically a regression for you and a right assumption. It is us who are sorry that it is not yet available because we know how awesome 1Password can be when all of the previous and new features are implemented.

ref: OPW6-867

This discussion has been closed.