Master Password on Windows don't work after change (on Mac)

Options

Hi!

So i have changed my master password on my mac and now i can't login to 1password on windows with my new password. I still need to use the old password. On my iPhone the new password works. I have multiple windows pc's and it does not work on any of them.

If i sign out of my Account (not lock), and re-add the account, then i need the new password. But until then i need the old password again. Whats wrong? Don't want to remember to extremly strong passwords any more.

greets
Martin

1Password Version: Windows 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password Families Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kitikonti,

I am sorry for this inconvenience!

Right now, if you change the Master Password for your 1Password account, you will need to to finish changing your password in 1Password 6 for Windows app. To do that, please try to open and unlock 1Password using your old Master Password, click the red authentication error banner, and sign in with your new Master Password.

Please let me know if it works. If it doesn't, we will investigate. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• kitikonti
    kitikonti
    Community Member
    Options

There is no "red authentication error banner". So what should i do then?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kitikonti,

To get a better idea of what is going on, I'd like to ask you to create two Diagnostics Reports: from your Mac and from your PC, where you have this issue. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach these Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post them in the forums, but do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• kitikonti
    kitikonti
    Community Member
    Options

So, it took me a while but now i have created the reports and sent per mail.

support ID is [#VLT-74396-883]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hello @kitikonti,

Thank you for the reports! I've found them on our side. We will take a closer look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!

ref: VLT-74396-883

This discussion has been closed.