Windows Beta 6.7.441 - pasting one time password no longer working

chad_mcdonald
chad_mcdonald
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Since the 6.7.441 Beta update I can no longer paste one time passwords in the browser. Before in the Windows version if you had a one time password stored in an entry the otp would be available to paste when you were logging into that site. This is a GREAT time saving feature. Sadly, after upgrading to 6.7.441 this no longer works. I go to paste the otp after filling the username/password on the site and there is nothing on the clipboard. I have to open one password, search for my entry, and copy paste the otp manually.

It would be great to get this functionality working again in a future 6.7 release.

1Password Version: 6.7.441
Extension Version: 4.6.70.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Teams Sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@chad_mcdonald: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! I'm not able to reproduce this here, so there must be something to account for the difference on your machine. I just logged into my PayPal account and was able to paste the TOTP code immediately afterward. Do you have other software which is managing or otherwise modifying the clipboard on your system? Alternatively, do you just have 1Password set to clear clipboard rather quickly? Also, please let me know the browser version you're using. Thanks in advance!

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

Must be something specific on my setup. Here's what I've done so far:

• Rebooted my computer - did not fix
    • Tried a different browser (firefox instead of my go-to Chrome in this case) - still didn't work
    • Removed 6.7.441 Beta and went back to the latest standard build of 1password (6.6.439) - STILL didn't work
    • Uninstalled and re-installed the browser extension in Chrome and Firefox - did not work

Since going back to 6.6.439 didn't fix this issue I feel like there has be something I'm overlooking. This problem definitely did start for me on the day I installed 6.7.441, but since reverting back did not fix the issue there must still be either some code that isn't executing properly or another issue that is intercepting my clipboard. My copy/paste function works fine in all other apps (i.e. copying from notepad and pasting into excel shows no unexpected results of what is on the clipboard, and I do not have any third party clipboard management pieces of software installed.

Looks like the app is installed per user at C:\Users\username\Appdata\Local\1Password\app

Should I try an uninstall followed by a full removal of the files in that folder?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@chad_mcdonald: Thanks for checking if other software might be interfering!

Just to clarify, did you check the setting I mentioned earlier? What is 1Password Settings > Options > Security > Clear clipboard contents set to?

Also, is Settings > Options > Browsers > Copy one-time password enabled?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?win

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#ZFH-55573-321]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: ZFH-55573-321

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for spelling out where to check those settings. I hadn't realized that was a checkbox in the options area. When I investigated I found that the copy one time password field was not checked, even though I know I had this turned on and working before. I checked the one time password copy option, re-upgraded to 6.7.441 and it's working fine now. Problem solved! Again thanks for your assistance.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Aha! That's great news! Thanks for letting me know. Glad to be of help. We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chad_mcdonald: Hey, I also owe you an apology. I should have asked you to check that first, and a team mate informed me that this setting is still not enabled by default (though it's something we'd like to do). Sorry about that. :blush:

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member

@brenty I'd definitely upvote having that turned on by default, it's an awesome feature! Again thanks for the help!

• Hi @chad_mcdonald,

On behalf of Brenty, you're welcome. We're aiming to have this enabled by default in the next update as well as the ability to restore your clipboard content after you paste it in.

This discussion has been closed.