Is there an alternative to typing in master password each time I start my Windows PC?

Options

I shutdown my PC between uses, so each time I turn it on, I need to type in my very long master password to use 1Password. For iPhone and iPad there is a touch login option, so I'm looking for an easier way to login on my Windows PC. What are my options? Thanks. James

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:alternative to typing in master password each time i turn on my pc

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @henderholt,

Thank you for using 1Password!

We explore different ways to improve the convenience of 1Password 6 for Windows. One of the options we consider is support for Windows Hello with fingerprint reader support. This is something we'd like as well, but it requires a Windows Store app. We are working on an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app right now, but I don't have any timeframes for when that will be ready or when we will have a fingerprint unlock in 1Password on Windows. I hope for your understanding.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• henderholt
    henderholt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg! I'll watch for Annoucements about the feature and join the Beta.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@henderholt: You are very welcome! :+1: Do not hesitate to contact us again in the future, we are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.