1Password won't stop asking me to update entry

Options
Matt R
Matt R
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

I've come across one or two websites that for some reason keep prompting me to update the 1Password entry. This seems to be happening when navigating between pages, not when first logging in. Every time I click a new link, the prompt to update appears again, making navigating a pain! I'm not even sure what it thinks I'm trying to update, since no text entry has occurred.

Is there anyway to stop 1Password from prompting me to update the entry?

EDIT: Also occurs with Chrome 59.0.3071.115

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.7 (Firefox)
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: 1Password for families

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @Matt R,

Sorry for the troubles with 1Password!

Please try to add that website to the exception list in Options > Browsers > Autosave and let us know if it helps. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Matt R
    Matt R
    Community Member
    Options

That seemed to work, adding the domain there has stopped the constant prompts. Not sure how I overlooked that setting, thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome @Matt R! :chuffed:

Please feel free to contact us anytime. You know where to find us. :+1:

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Greg

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

Hope you don't me butting in here, thought I would save starting a new thread on the same topic.
    1 Password for WIndows asks me to update my login details on many, many sites when the details never need to be updated! I can't do what you suggest each time this happens, as I would end up doing very little else!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imacken: If you can give us the URLs — even just some — we'll be happy to investigate and see what we can do to improve things. Unfortunately a lot of sites use some pretty odd forms and label things incorrectly, so 1Password may think you're submitting a password in a login form. But we're always working on ways around this. :)

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options
  • Hey @imacken! Since I'm in the U.S., Amazon won't allow me to test their UK site, but I'm not getting a prompt to update the dummy login I created for Ebuyer nor my Apple ID login when using it on Appleseed. Do me a favor. Duplicate one of the problematic login items (right-click > duplicate) so you have a copy of it in its current state. Fill using the original login item and try letting 1Password update it. Sign out of the website and sign in again with the updated item and let me know if you still see another update prompt.

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bundtkate, I tried what you suggest and it made no difference. I don't know what to make of all this. Sometimes 1P doen't ask to update existing logins, and sometimes it seems to ask for almost all to be updated.
    Becoming very annoying!

• @imacken Let's take a closer look. Particularly if the problem is intermittent, it doesn't seem likely to be an issue with your logins themselves. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Do not post your diagnostics here on the forum.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread.
    • Your forum username.

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• imacken
    imacken
    Community Member
    Options

bundtkate, I have just now sent the diagnostics file as requested. Sorry about the delay, but stuff got in the way!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@imacken: No problem! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: BIN-56593-174

This discussion has been closed.