1Password Desktop App broke my Windows start menu

Options

I recently just installed 1Password on my Windows PC and now it broke pinning and unpinning things to the start menu. I'm using Windows 10 (Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138)

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@raphhyyyyy: Can you elaborate? 1Password doesn't control the start menu; Windows does. And 1Password doesn't modify any system settings. It just uses Microsoft's .Net Framework and other common libraries. Definitely restart Windows to see if that helps.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Windows 10 has well-documented, well-known issues with the Start menu being corrupted, unavailable, or missing. It has been an ongoing issue since Windows 10 was first released, and Microsoft doesn't seem to be able to resolve this. A Google search will reveal countless posts on this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrC: I suppose that's true. I have very different problems with mine, so I didn't think of it in this case: everything on the start menu seems to disappear periodically. Getting tired of re-adding all of my apps there... :(

• I just ran Windows Update and it seems to have fixed it. I think it just happens to have broke at the same time I installed 1Password

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @raphhyyyyy,

Great to hear the update fixed everything! :) Thank you for letting us know. Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always happy to help you with everything.

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.