My 1Password for Windows stop syncing and updating with Dropbox

Options

It use to work just fine and now when I add or change a password, it updates on my Mac, and all my mobile devices, but wont update on my Windows 10 machine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kev0917: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have the latest version of Dropbox installed and running on your computers? Also, make sure they're pointing to the same vault in Dropbox. Let me know what you find!

• kev0917
    kev0917
    Community Member
    Options

OS - Windows 10, 1 Password version 6.6.439. Dropbox version 31.3.20. Here are the exact steps. If I change a password in my 1 password app for iPhone, I use to get an alert on my computer (windows 10) that 2 files were updated which meant drop box synced my new password to my windows computer along with all the other devices I have 1 password installed. Now if I change a password on my iPhone, all my other devices are updated with the new password except my windows computers. The password on my windows computer remains to be the old password. I've uninstalled 1 password for windows today and reinstalled, hoping it needed a new connection to Dropbox. That didn't fix the issue. Dropbox has a little green check mark to show its fully updated. For some reason Dropbox stopped communication with my windows computer through 1 password. Now I use to use the web version of 1 Password on this computer and had the browser extensions connected. Once I realized there was a monthly charge for the web version, I decided to go back to the app. Ever since I uninstalled and stopped using the web version and web extensions on this computer, Dropbox hasn't synced properly to app since.

• @kev0917: 1Password 6 for Windows is designed only to support 1Password memberships. I know standalone vaults could be opened in 1Password 6 in read-only mode, but this was meant to facilitating migrating items to a 1Password account. With recent updates to the importer eliminating the need for this, the ability to open standalone vaults has been removed in the latest update. You'll still see your standalone vault in 1Password 6, but it won't sync any longer. I see you already purchased a license for 1Password 4 for Windows in the past, so if you would like to continue using your local vault/license, you'll need to uninstall 1Password 6 and install 1Password 4.

If you need any help opening up your vault in 1Password 4 or need your license key resent, let us know and we'll get you squared away. :chuffed:

• kev0917
    kev0917
    Community Member
    Options

You are amazing!! That resolved my issue. I uninstalled 1 password 6 and installed 1 password 4 and everything is syncing perfectly. But now that I did that, I realized why I tried 1 password 6 originally. When I use 1 password 4, the browser extension for Internet Explorer doesn't work anymore. It works in Chrome and all the other browsers, but not IE. Did you stop supporting IE for security reasons? I heard a rumor about that and wasn't sure if that's why its not working anymore. That is a minor issue I can live with. I use Chrome more now. =)

• @kev0917: Nope, IE should still work so long as you're using IE7 or later. Do you see the IE extension enabled in preferences?

• kev0917
    kev0917
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I do.. I even had my IT guy look at it and he said everything looks correct. I use to be on Windows 7 and it worked fine. They switched me to Windows 10 and I haven't been able to get it to work since. I can send you the IE version number when I'm in the office tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything else or have any troubleshooting steps for me to try. The extension shows up on the IE browser, but when I click on it to open up to auto fill in a user name and password, it doesn't do anything. It doesn't open.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kev0917: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble! Does it work if you use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl \)? If not, please follow the steps in these guides to make sure IE is setup properly:

If 1Password isn't working with Enhanced Protected Mode enabled

If the keyboard shortcut doesn't work in Windows

And if that doesn't help, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?win

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#EBI-79548-787]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: EBI-79548-787

• kev0917
    kev0917
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent (emailed) the diagnostics report and a screen shot of what I'm seeing in my settings.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thank you @kev0917! :+1: We have received the report (and the screenshot) and we will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: EBI-79548-787

This discussion has been closed.