cannot update windows app or migrate vault

Options

Using windows 10. have old one time account 4.6.2. Forced set up new monthly account for 6.1.3 because cannot not sync across apple devices to windows devices. Have created backups successfully in dropbox, icloud and pcS.
1. Trying to import 265 logins from old to new. Created the .1pif successfully. Open the new app to import and the blue button is dead.
2. Deleted and reinstalled app. (no change)
3. Joined twitter with question (no answer)
4. . tried to update 6.1.3 to new version but installer fails
5. Deleted everything in new app and tried again.
Is the problem with the app that won't update or is the non functioning blue "select a file" button ?

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: 6.133
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: migrate old vault
Referrer: forum-search:cannot update one password app for windows

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @GADGET68,

I am sorry for these issues with 1Password! You did the right thing by contacting us.

First of all, it sounds that you have an old version of 1Password 6 installed on your PC. We've changed the installer and released 6.3.359 update for everyone to install first before it could update to the new installer in 1Password 6.4. It looks like your 1Password app didn't get that 359 update. Please do the following:

1. Uninstall the current version of 1Password you have via Control Panel.

2. Install the latest 1Password version (6.6) from here: https://1pw.ca/download/windows

Secondly, in order to import your data to 1Password account in 1Password 6.6 you should choose your .agilekeychain or .opvault folder, not a .1PIF file. Please try to follow the steps in this guide on our website:

Import data into your new account (Windows)

Let me know if it works. Thank you very much!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Gadget65
    Gadget65
    Community Member
    Options

well that was the trick. :) Install the newest version and then add a vault from backup. Thanks you so much!!!!
    Now if I can get the Iphones to do this I don't mind paying the monthly fee- although I am cheap at heart and just wanted the first one time fee vault to work for the next 20 years. You made my day a great one!

• @Gadget65 You actually only need to do the import once. Just sign in to your account on your iPhone and your items will automatically sync up since you already imported them on Windows. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.