Chrome slow-downs, high cpu usage, native messaging

Options

Hi there,
I've been having this issue for a while, and I'd love to find a solution for it :)
With Chrome native messaging enabled, I experience major slow-downs with Chrome pretty much every time I open a new tab or window, or just click on a link.
With Chrome native messaging disabled, slow-downs are gone, but 1password keeps eating up CPU cycles, averaging at 15% CPU all the time.
Reboots and re-installs of both 1password and Chrome didn't change anything, the behavior described above always comes back.
Is there anything I can do to permanently fix this issue?
Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 1703
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• @djooliu thanks for reporting of this CPU usage issue and sorry for the trouble. Are you using some antivirus solution? There is known issue when AV can keep native messaging believe the connection is still alive, even though the browser is closed. The fix is coming with next update. Hope that helps :)

• djooliu
    djooliu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm currently using Bitdefender AV Free Edition.
    I'm looking forward to the next update then :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for confirming. Looking forward to having a fix for you. :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @djooliu,

Just an FYI, we've shipped a beta update with a fix for this. If you'd like to give it a try, we'd love to know if it is working better for you.

• djooliu
    djooliu
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    Thank you for your note. I installed the beta build and I can confirm that it fixes the problem of high-cpu usage with native messaging enabled.
    Great! Thanks :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! Thanks so much for the update! On behalf of Mike and the rest of the team, you are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.