Can't Reinstall 1Password

Options

I have a new computer. We have a family account. I have a key. The instructions tell me to download the app then Select Help > Enter License Key…, and enter the key. But, when I download the app and try to find Help to select, I don't see it (this is the Windows version). It wants me to sign in as if I have a subscription, not a license I purchased.

What should I do?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @outtacontext,

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. I'm Ben, and I'd be happy to help you.

1Password for Windows is only available with a 1Password membership (subscription) account. You can learn more about 1Password Families membership here:

Families - 1Password

And we've outlined some of the benefits, over "standalone" licenses (sans-membership; what you have now) here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

We have a guide on transitioning to a membership available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

P.S. I'm not actually seeing a family license for you -- only a single user license, which is for a much older version of 1Password for Mac (v2; v6 is the latest).

ref: BO 25994

• outtacontext
    outtacontext
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

We had a standalone. It's not under this account. After discussing this with you (Agilebits), we bought four standalones under the family rate. We use both Macs and PCs and this would also allow us to use some of these seats for Mac and some for PCs.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @outtacontext,

It sounds like you have downloaded 1Password 6 for Windows. 1Password 6 is the new app we are building from the ground up and it does not support local vaults and standalone licenses at the moment, it is focused on our subscription-based 1Password.com accounts. If you don't want to use 1Password account and want to stick with a local vault you have been using previously, you should be using 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 6. You can download it here.

However, if you are planning to use 1Password with your family, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password Families Ben mentioned above. It is much more convenient. :)

Please let us know if it helps. Have a great Sunday!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.