Trouble syncing data only on PC

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't sync login list from Mac to new Windows 10 laptop.

Comments

• padl64
    padl64
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a problem synching the 1Password(6) Vault in WIndows 10 with all my other devices - macs, android and IOS devices all synch Ok. Any changes I make on any of these all synch together except on the Windows 10 laptop. The work around I have for this is to create a 'fake' login on the Windows laptop, change it and save it and then all the changes from all the other devices show up on the Windows laptop. Hope this helps others until the problem is corrected on the Windows version of 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@padl64: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all of the exact OS, 1Password, device versions, and sync method you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have "security" software on your PC that might be interfering? Thanks in advance! :)

• padl64
    padl64
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Ok, so this all started about two weeks ago when I got my Dell laptop to run some Windows programs that were not available for Mac OS. I upgraded to the the individual account version of 1Password so I could install 1P v6 on the new laptop. All went well with everything except my Android tablet where in I ended up with tons of duplicate logins because I was somehow synching both the old Dropbox vault file and the new vault at the same time - I resolved this problem. Now my problem is this - I make a change on a 1Password login on my Mac or Android product and all products across all platforms update except on the WIndows 10 Laptop and I have to do the procedure that I described above on the WIndows computer to get 1Password to update. Here are all the eversions.

Mac OS 10.12.5 Sierra, Android Phone - V7.0, Android Tablet - 6.0.1 - the 1 Password Vault updates Ok across all these devices.

The Windows 10 (V1703 OS Build 15063.483) Dell Inspirion 13 Laptop doesn't update unless I make a change on the Windows 1Password laptop and then everything updates.

I do have Kaspersky anti virus on the Dell and before that I had McAfee with the same result on the !Password vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@padl64: Thanks for getting back to me. That definitely helps. While with McAfee this doesn't seem to be the case, other customers and our own testing have indicated that Kaspersky often does not cause issues if ti's kept fully up to date, and also that it can often be configured to make an exception for 1Password.

However, typically the issues we see are problems with the 1Password browser extension, as 3rd party apps interfere with its communication, not so much sync. So I wonder if your firewall or proxy settings are preventing 1Password from receiving data unless it initiates a connection from your PC first. Please follow this guide to setup an except for the 1Password app itself:

How to configure your firewall, proxy, or other network software for 1Password

From your description it sounds like 1Password.com is working, but that your PC isn't able to receive updates from it sometimes. You can confirm this by signing in to 1Password.com in your browser to see if changes are reflected there on the PC, even when something is stopping the 1Password app from getting them. I'm glad to hear that you found a workaround, but that shouldn't be necessary. Let me know what you find!

• padl64
    padl64
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I tried to configure the firewall and internet settings as you recommended but couldn't do it. Kaspersky controls the Windows firewall settings. In Windows Internet Options I was able to check the "Bypass Proxy server" and enter exceptions but this did not resolve the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@padl64: Thanks for getting back to me! Please generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Send it to support@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here so we can verify that we've received it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.