What to do when your IT department blocks Dropbox.com?

cappy
cappy
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've been using 1PW for several years now, and have always used my Dropbox account ot sync the passwords.
It looks like Dropbox has recentyl been blocked biy IT, where I work. When I launch the Dropbox application, it shows "connecting" indefinitely.
I can ping the domain though, but I cannot access the website when I type the ip address into a web browser.

I suspect that IT has blocked the port(s) used by Dropbox.
I don't want to inquire with IT, because that could alert them that I am using software they may not want me to use.

What do others do when Dropbox is blocked?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
_Sync Type: Dropbox(broken now)

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @cappy

I am sorry to hear about the situation you are in!

All of the available sync options in 1Password are listed on our website:

Sync your 1Password data

If you want to use 1Password at work, where Dropbox is blocked, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password membership:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

You will be able to use 1Password on your work computer without worrying about third-party sync. Moreover, you will use the new version of 1Password for Windows, 1Password 6.

Please let me know if it answers your question. If you have more of them, we are here to help. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Thank You.

How does one manage the password to get into the Subscription account?

• bundtkate
    edited July 2017

Hey @cappy! You'll set up a Master Password for your 1Password account when you sign up. You'll use this Master Password to sign in to your account via 1password.com and to unlock 1Password 6. If you're able, it's easiest to use the same Master Password you already use to unlock 1Password 4 so you're not juggling multiple Master Passwords while migrating your data. You can find a guide to help you get signed up and migrate your existing data here, but if you have any questions along the way, we're happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.