To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I can not migrate my data from iOS via Dropbox sync to 1Password account!

Options
Appfel
Appfel
Community Member

Hello!

I would like to create an 1Password account. I have already done so several times, but it is always failing in the migration process. I have 536 objects but only some are migrated. At first trial it were approx. 128, also second attempt. Now the third attempt was 37. I always need to fully delete my account to ensure all data is transferred, but it is always freezing after some minutes and had only a few data migrated. How can I ensure that all my data will be migrated? Or can I just not use 1Password accounts? I want to migrate on iPhone with WiFi connection and before the sync was done by Dropbox.

Hope you can help me to migrate all my data, it is really annoying this way!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Migration to 1Password account is not working!

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @Appfel! Sorry about the trouble migrating things. It should definitely be going smoother than that. To get a better idea of what the issue is, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from the device you're migrating your data from?

How to send a diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jacob my reference is ETG-11728-749
    I hope you can find the issue!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Appfel: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: AIJ-81321-741

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!

I tried again several times, but always less than 150 objects are migrated, it is stopping to spin at different points, but it is always failing, no matter if I have Dropbox sync activated or deactivated! Can you please help me? A one-by-one support would be good, by chat or phone call, so we can find the solution together live! I would prefer even a TeamViewer or AnyDesk session so you can see my screen!

• Appfel
    Appfel
    Community Member
    Options

I finally managed it! It seems the issue was in the iPhone app, on Mac it somehow went much better and finished in 5 seconds... But I have much more items than before, is that somehow normal?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Appfel: Thanks for the update. It just isn't possible to do any of this via a phone call, or connect to your iPhone remotely. I'm sorry you had so much trouble on your iPhone, but I'm glad that you were able to migrate the data on your Mac! It sounds like reinstalling the iPhone app might help, but since you've gotten it sorted already that shouldn't be necessary.

I don't have any way of knowing information about your items, but I can tell you that if you've migrated some of the same items multiple times you'll have some duplicates. Also, if you still have your original vault along with the new one you'll see the contents of both in the All Vaults view. Let me know if that helps, or if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.