New install of Firefox Add-on not seeing my 1Password 4 app

Options

Hi,

I have been using 1Password 4 since it came out, and have no desire to upgrade - it does exactly what I need and I love it.

Other than occasional prompts to update to the latest release of version 4, I haven't touched it since forever.

I am now in the process of migrating some of my work processes to another machine, and installed/registered version 4 on the new machine. The 1Password v4 app works fine, and I can get to my dropbox keychain no problems. I then installed the Firefox add-on. On both machines I am running Firefox 54.0.1 (32bit), and it appears that on both machine, the Add-on version 4.6.9 is installed.

However, on my old machine is my very familiar Firefox 1Password drop down with the auto-detected logins, and the list of options with the little arrows to the right to expand some of them. It sees the logins in the 1Password app just fine and suggests them based on the web page I am at.

On my new machine the 1Password drop down is a very new UI, with the icons in a black column on the left, and it's asking me at the top to "Search all Vaults". If I click on the gear icon, instead of taking me to my locally installed 1Password 4 app, it takes me to the new cloud login page. Of course, it's not seeing my 1Password version 4 app at all.

I uninstalled the add-on, and tried reinstalling from the 1Password - Preference - Browsers, but that just takes me to the same installer point and no difference. I closed firefox, quit 1Password from the systray, restarted, and the same.

Can anyone please enlighten me on what might be going on, and how I might get the old add-on UI and functionality restored?

Thanks!!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: Windows Server 2012 R2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• 3gswish
    3gswish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

My apologies if this gets double posted, I am on a very poor connection with dropouts, and I don't see that my previous post was actually posted!

I have been using 1Password 4 since it came out, and have no desire to upgrade - it does exactly what I need and I love it.

Other than occasional prompts to update to the latest release of version 4, I haven't touched it since forever.

My old machine is running Windows 10.

I am now in the process of migrating some of my work processes to a new machine (yes, I am running a windows 2012R2 workstation!)

On both machines I am running Firefox 54.0.1 (32bit), and it appears that on both machines, the Add-on version 4.6.9 is installed.

However, on my old machine is my very familiar 1Password dropdown with the icons with their titles, and with some right arrows to expand along the right side.

On my new machine is a new aero UI, with icons in a black column down the left, a "Search all Vaults" prompt at the top, and when I click the gear icon, I get routed to the cloud web UI, not my locally installed 1Password 4 app. Also, it doesn't see any of my 1Password 4 items.

I tried unistalling the add-on and installing it from the app Preferences - Browsers dialog, but that just takes me to the same add-on installer point and installs the same thing.

I also tried closing Firefox and 1Password from the systray, relaunching both, same thing.

Can anyone kindly educate me on what might be happening, and how I might return my add-on functionality?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 4.6.2.624
    Extension Version: 4.6.9
    OS Version: Windows Server 2012 R2
    Sync Type: dropbox

• Hey @3gswish! This should only happen if you've installed 1Password 6 on this PC. Under the assumption that you don't need 1Password 6 for anything (let me know if you do), check Control Panel and, if you see 1Password 6, uninstall it and you should be all set. Let me know if that sorts things out. :chuffed:

• 3gswish
    3gswish
    Community Member
    Options

Hi bundtkate,

Good call - I am not sure how 1Password6 got installed on this machine, perhaps an earlier attempt to get it working that I forgot about?

Anyway, deleted just 1Password6, leaving 1Password4 installed, now the Firefox icon is greyed out.

Tried:
    Removing Addon, reinstalling from 1Password4 Preferences - Browsers
    Closing Firefox, 1Password4, starting 1Password4, then starting firefox
    Quitting 1Password, TaskManager - quit 1Password4 helper, restart 1Password4
    Rebooting the machine, start 1 Password4, start firefox (icon is solid but greys out in about 1/2 second after opening)
    Uninstall addon, uninstall 1Password4, Reboot, Install 1Password4, addon, VIOLA!

Thanks for the help!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry you had to go through so much to get things sorted, but I'm glad that al is well now with the latest versions. The good news is that this is a pretty substantial change the likes of which we won't see again likely for years. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run into any other issues! :)

This discussion has been closed.