Windows vault backup failure

Options

I recently changed the location of my 1Password vault backup on my machine and even though I made the folder read/write the backups still fail.

I did notice that the folder reverts to "Read Only" when open but based on my reading, that is due to the way that NTFS functions. If I manually backup 1Password's vault it seems to work fine. Any ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @ssegraves,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! Let's see what is going on here.

By default 1Password 4 for Windows keeps your backups folder in Documents folder of your system profile. If you change the location of your backup, you will need to have all the necessary permissions on your PC, so 1Password could make backups there.

To get a better idea of your current setup, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC, where you have this issue. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.