Can't prevent 1password 6 from connecting to browser

Options
burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm using the latest versions of both 1password 4 and 6, and I can't seem to get 1password 6 to stop connecting to my browser. Even if I uncheck "Register Helper", remove all paired browsers, quit 1pass 6 from the task bar, keep 1pass 4 open and signed in, and restart my browser, it still goes and opens the 1password 6 helper.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @burn123 and @dahanbn! This is the result of the switch to Native Messaging for both Chrome and Firefox recently, so the procedure to use both versions is now a little different. I also used to use 1Password 4 in Chrome only and 1Password 6 in Firefox only and had to change my habits as well. To switch between the two now, you'll need to swap which version has Native Messaging enabled and you'll only be able to use one at a time.

When you want to use 1Password 4, with browsers closed:
    1. Open 1Password 6.
    2. Choose Settings > Options > Advanced and uncheck the options to use Native Messaging in Chrome and Firefox.
    3. Open 1Password 4.
    4. Choose Help > Advanced > Use Native Messaging protocol.

To switch to 1Password 6, again with browsers closed:
    1. Open 1Password 6.
    2. Choose Settings > Options > Advanced and check the options to use Native Messaging in Chrome and Firefox.

If you have a browser running when you switch settings, you'll need to restart your browser for the changes to take effect. Hope this helps, but let me know if you have questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.