1Password for Windows won't finish software update

Options

Hi,

Ever since I started using the 1Password Windows app, every time a new version is released I haven't been able to update using the built-in software updater.

When I press up the "Update to 6.7.457" button, by going into Options -> Update it changes to "downloading..." and later to "updating...", but it never finishes. If I leave the Options view and immediately come back to it, the "Check for Updates" button is enabled again.

Not sure if it's relevant to this issue, but I'm behind a corporate proxy, which, as far as I can tell, is set up correctly, since the app is able to find the update but not to download it.

1Password Version: 6.7.454
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password Sync

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @sttop,

Thanks for writing in, I'm sorry to hear 1Password isn't able to install the updates for you.

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using?

Can you also email us your 1Password diagnostics report? Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• sttop
    sttop
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT,

Already sent the e-mail! And to answer your question, my company uses Symantec Endpoint Protection.

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

Thanks for the diagnostics @sttop! I found them and will pass them along to Mike. :+1:

ref: VQT-68843-576

• becks36
    becks36
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having a problem installing the latest update. When I click download in Settings/Options/Update, it runs through the motion of downloading, but then shuts the application once complete. When I re-open the application, nothing has updated.

1Password version: 6.1.304

• Hey, @becks36, thanks for writing in! You're making a pretty big jump in versions, so you'll want to follow the procedure under "If you're having trouble updating ..." here. We made some changes to the installer between the version you're running and now. This does mean updating from an older version is a bit of a fuss, but once you're done you get rewarded with automatic updates and tons of cool new stuff. :chuffed:

Give it a try and let me know how you get on. Of course, if you have any questions along the way, we're here for you. :+1:

• becks36
    becks36
    Community Member
    Options

I am not finding an app data folder at %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password

I did find a 1password data folder, but it may have been from when I made the switch to your version 6 as the folder says it hasn't been modified since last year.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@becks36: Then it sounds like you installed an olde version from the Windows Store. As long as you have all of your data in 1Password.com, it's safe to uninstall that and install the latest version from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.