What happened to the windows app?! SO CONFUSED.

Options

Ok so I have been using 1password on my mac / iphone for years. I just got anther laptop that is a windows machine. I go to download the software and I have no idea what to do. It has a master password, it is all online etc. I don't even know how to enter my stuff to sync it all up.

Is there no longer the 1password software?!

Please help.
Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey, @DeathtoToasters, thanks for writing in! There are now two ways to use 1Password:

1) With a 1Password membership (a monthly or annual subscription), which allows you to sync using our servers and gives you access to your data in a web browser as well as in all the apps, both desktop and mobile (both the current version and future updates are included).
    2) With a standalone vault/license for the Mac and/or Windows apps (a one-time purchase for the current version of the desktop apps, depending on when you bought them; we are no longer selling a standalone license for Windows as of March 24, 2017), which allows you to sync your data via Dropbox or iCloud with other computers and mobile devices. 1Password 6 for iOS is a freemium app when used with a standalone vault, which means you can use the basic functionality for free with the option to unlock the Pro features via in-app purchase (which is a separate purchase from the license).

It sounds to me like you've been using option 2 and I see you did purchase a license that included 1Password 4 for Windows. It sounds like you've installed 1Password 6 for Windows, which requires a 1Password membership. If you'd like to stick with your standalone vault/license, uninstall 1Password 6 for Windows and install 1Password 4 from here. Note that if you're currently syncing via iCloud, you'll need to switch to Dropbox to sync with a Windows device, so make sure you swap your sync method before setting up your PC if you need to. :+1:

Alternatively, you could give a 1Password membership a try, if you'd like. They're free for 30-days and come with a lot of pretty cool features, including super fast automatic syncing via our secure servers. If you're interested, you can find a guide to help you get signed up and migrate your existing data here. Once you've migrated your data on one device, you can just sign in to your account on other devices and your data will be there waiting for you. :chuffed:

No matter which path you choose, if you have any questions or need help along the way, let us know -- we're happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.