Where is the 'Open Vault' or 'Add Vault' command?

sciascia
sciascia
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Mac

Hi There,

I've had to reinstall my computer and have two additional vaults to add from Dropbox but how do I do that?

• There's no 'Add' or 'Open Vault' command in any of the menus
  • There's no way to add a vault under sync in preferences
  • Nothing happens if I double click a Vault from the finder
  • Nothing happens if I drag and drop the vault onto 1Password (I get a little OS error noise)
  • The import command looks to be a one-time import, not a sync function

I'm totally confused sorry, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sciascia

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with 1Password and getting it working on your new computer. If I understand right, if you go to 1Password > Preferences you do see the option "Sync", is this right? Could you please verify that you are signed into the same Dropbox account? Have you set up Dropbox Sync for your Primary vault? Can you please check that everything's on the same folder in Dropbox?

I hope to hear back from you soon so you can get set up and ready to go with 1Password :chuffed:

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, comments below

1Password > Preferences you do see the option "Sync", is this right?

Correct, it shows that my Primary vault is synced to a Keychain folder on Dropbox and I can see the data in that vault.

Could you please verify that you are signed into the same Dropbox account?

Definitely signed into the same account, I can see the other two vaults I need to add to 1Password and they're both synced.

Have you set up Dropbox Sync for your Primary vault?

Yes, this is showing in prefs and is synced to the vault within a Keychain folder on Dropbox. The other two vaults are located in an /App data/1Password directory.

Can you please check that everything's on the same folder in Dropbox?

I'm not sure I understand. On my reinstalled computer, I can see all the vaults, I just can't get 1Password to add them?

Is there not an 'Add' or 'Open' function? It seems like a basic thing anyone would want to do? I'm totally confused sorry!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sciascia,

The other two vaults are located in an /App data/1Password directory.

Do they have an .agilekeychain (or .opvault) extension? Try opening them (e.g. by double-clicking) with 1Password unlocked and you should see a Create New Vault screen similar to this:

You can change the vault icon/color/name there before entering the vault password. After clicking Create Vault to confirm, a new secondary vault will be created in 1Password and configured to sync with the Agile Keychain (or OPVault) file it was created from, which you'll see in Sync Preferences.

Let us know if/where you get stuck with that so we can help you get it working normally.

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member

Do they have an .agilekeychain (or .opvault) extension?

They both have the .agilekeychain extension

Try opening them (e.g. by double-clicking) with 1Password unlocked and you should see a Create New Vault screen similar to this

As stated in my original question, double clicking either one opens 1Password but nothing happens (I hear an OS error sound). And dragging them onto 1Password results in the same thing.

I've just tried double clicking again and nothing happens - just get an OS error sound?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Hi @sciascia,

double clicking either one opens 1Password but nothing happens (I hear an OS error sound).

Did you try it with 1Password open/unlocked?

If that fails, please use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostics report:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report (Mac)

You'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a support ticket ID in the Subject header. If you post that ticket ID here we can track down your email with the report more quickly and assist you with getting this resolved. Thanks in advance!

• sciascia
    sciascia
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Thanks, yes 1Password was unlocked.

Here's the ticket ID of the report: #TUN-86998-739

Cheers

Ben

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Thanks, @sciascia -- we'll continue along via email; I've just responded over there. :chuffed:

ref: TUN-86998-739

This discussion has been closed.