1P randomly not filling identities and credit cards. Win 10 PRO, 1P4.6.2.625, Chrome 60.0.3112.113

Some sites one or the other will work, other sites, neither work. Most recent is windowalert.com, neither identity nor credit card would fill.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: 15063.540
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:not filling identities and credit cards

Comments

• Hey @greenscreen172! I see the same thing on windowalert.com on my end, so I'll pass along this site to our extension team for further investigation. You mentioned other sites having issues as well, so please feel free to pass those along and I'd be happy to check them out as well. :+1:

• StigsCousin
    StigsCousin
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Same here. Most sites not working.

1Password: 4.6.2.625
    Chrome extension: 4.6.10.90
    Win 10 Version: 1703, build 15063.540

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StigsCousin: Can you be more specific about what you mean by "not working"? If you'll include an example URL and the exact steps you're taking, I'll be happy to see if I can reproduce the issue on on my own machine. Thanks in advance!

• StigsCousin
    StigsCousin
    Community Member

Chase.com is one site. Initially it works, but since I have a new computer, Chase prompted me for a temp pin code and a password. When I filled out the temp pin, I tried to use the 1Password extension to fill in the password field. It recognized it was Chase.com, but would not fill in the password. Additionally, there is no way to manually copy the password to the clipboard from the extension. I had to open the desktop app in order to get the password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StigsCousin: Regarding copying, you can absolutely do that with 1Password in the browser. Just hover over the login in the menu and right-click to get additional options.

Are you able to reproduce this again? I've got a few Chase accounts and a couple logins there, but I can't say I've encountered what you're describing. If you can tell me the URL(s) you're dealing with and the exact steps I'll be happy to test it — and probably get myself locked out temporarily for science. hehe

• StigsCousin
    StigsCousin
    Community Member
    1. Went to Chase.com
    2. Clicked the 1Password extension
    3. The extension recognized Chase, and it was at the top
    4. I right-clicked on the Chase entry, and a fly-out menu appeared with my user and password
    5. I clicked password, but it did nothing (other than the menu went away)

See attached screenshot (with my user ID disguised).

I switched from a Mac recently, and the extension looks and works quite differently between the two operating systems, even though I used Chrome for both.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StigsCousin: Hmm. I dont get a flyout menu like that on chase.com in Chrome or other browsers. 1Password can't open menus and things like that on its own, so I'm a bit surprised by your description. Generally it's better/easier to use a dedicated login page. Please try these instead:

https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index

https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx

The latter is the one I've used for years because it's always offered a smooth, no-nonsense login experience. Let me know if that helps!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StigsCousin: Ah, I realize now that I've misunderstood your comments. Sorry about that!

The "flyout" you were referring to was the 1Password menu when right-clicking the login item, as I suggested for copying the password. When you click the password field, 1Password copies it to the clipboard and dismisses itself, so you can paste it immediately — 1Password gets out of your way so you can do this.

I'm not having any trouble filling my Chase login there, so I suspect that saving a new login might help, since that will give 1Password current information about the form. Just follow these steps to manually save a new login there:

1. Navigate to https://chaseonline.chase.com/Logon.aspx (this login portal works much better)
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Click the 'keyhole' icon to bring up the extension
    4. Click the 'gear' icon for Settings
    5. Click Save New Login
    6. Give it a name and Save
    7. Close the webpage and select your new login from the extension to have 1Password Go & Fill
    8. Submit the form manually if you have autosubmit disabled

Let me know how it turns out!

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

Happening at nearly every site I visit to the point 1Password is nearly useless for other than logging in. Latest two, credit card at bedbathandbeyond.com and identity at change.org. This is really annoying. It is a vital piece of software that should not be malfunctioning. This happened a year or so ago and then as suddenly started functioning again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@greenscreen172: If you can give us the exact URLs where you're having trouble and the versions (OS, 1Password, browser, extension), we'll be happy to test them (where possible, as some sites we may not have access to). Also, be sure to report any filling failure via the Synapse website issue tracker, as that is even easier and provides us with useful information about problem pages. Otherwise there isn't much we can do without any details I'm afraid.

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

I gave all the version info when I started this thread and how much more of an URL do you need than an identity fill at change.org and credit card fill at bedbathandbeyond.com. You folks make support so hard, I don't even want to try. I'm going to start looking for another pwd manager.
    1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
    Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
    OS Version: 15063.540
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:not filling identities and credit cards

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@greenscreen172: I'm not familiar with those websites from personal experience, and I'm not seeing forms to fill at either of those addresses. That's why I asked. I apologize for not being clearer about the version numbers as well. I don't want to take for granted that you're using the exact same setup all the time (especially the browser), so I appreciate you confirming that's all the same as your initial post. We're not trying to make things hard for you. There just isn't any way for us to test this thoroughly to try to improve things without the details. That's also why I suggested Synapse, since it's only a few clicks to submit a report when you run into a filling issue.

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

Another site and this time 1P fills in nothing, no credit card no identity (shipping and billing address). I can only hope a new password manager is better and can save me typing all this crap in every time I go somewhere. This is last posting for me.
    https://www.debspecs.com/checkout/onepage/?___SID=S

• @greenscreen172: Just to be certain, have you updated recently and has this persisted with 4.6.2.626 of the app and 4.6.11.90 of the extension?

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

no updates, everything is as it was.

• @greenscreen172: In that case, could you give updating both the extension and the app a try for me and let us know if this improves? I know the extension team made some pretty significant filling improvements and a few potentially impactful issues were corrected in 1Password 4 as well. If no change, could you let me know what browser you're filling in? I'll give it a go and see if I can reproduce the issue and we'll move forward from there. Thanks! :+1:

• greenscreen172
    greenscreen172
    Community Member

Worked mostly (hardly ever manages the state) after updates. So, how many customers have to complain before these fixes are made?

• @greenscreen172: We need to first figure out what's causing the problem here in order to fix it. I know answering a litany of questions can be irritating and regardless we'll do our best to reproduce and diagnose the problem, but extra detail will always help us do this quicker and more reliably. So anything you are willing to share will always helps us out.

With that in mind, it sounds like filling the state for identities is still causing you grief, so I'll go ahead and give it a try on the sites you've mentioned so far. Are you noticing anything else consistently not filling following the update? Have you found the issue is corrected entirely on any of the sites you've mentioned? Finally, are credit cards now filling properly or are you continuing to have issues there as well? I want to make sure I'm being thorough in testing things out. Thanks in advance for any additional detail you're able to provide. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.