keep getting dialog "1Password.NativeMessagingHost has stopped working".

I'm on a windows 7 machine running 1 Password for Windows Version 4.6.2.625. The dialog pops up every sixty seconds or so. I am running Chrome but had Firefox going when this started. It concludes with "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Pretty much makes this machine unusable. Think I'll go home. I'll check on your response from there. Thanks

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keep getting dialog 1Password.NativeMessagingHost has stopped working.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Buddy,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

It seems that for some reason Native Messaging process, which is required for 1Password extension to work, crashes on your PC. Since Native Messaging is dependent on Microsoft . NET Framework, could you please specify what version of it you have on your computer? Here is how you can find it out:

How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed

This info will be really helpful. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• StepByStep3D
    StepByStep3D
    Community Member

Hi, I have same issue and have .net 4.7.1

• lucas89
    lucas89
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Same issue here on Windows 10, 1Password version 6.7.457 and .NET Framework 4.7.

I've tried re-installing 1Password but that hasn't helped either.
    It was working fine before and then when I turned on my computer today it suddenly started showing me the dialog saying that it's stopped responding.

I don't know if it helps or not, but if I click on the debug button and use the copy of VS 2017 Community I have installed it shows me the following exception:

System.AggregateException occurred
      HResult=0x80131500
      Message=An error occurred while writing to logger(s).
      Source=Microsoft.Extensions.Logging
      StackTrace:
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Logger.Log[TState](LogLevel logLevel, EventId eventId, TState state, Exception exception, Func`3 formatter)
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.LoggerExtensions.LogError(ILogger logger, EventId eventId, Exception exception, String message, Object[] args)
       at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.ShouldCrash(String source, Exception ex) in C:\code\opw\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\App.cs:line 101
       at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.<InitExceptionTracing>b__13_0(Object sender, DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e) in C:\code\opw\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\App.cs:line 85
       at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchException(Exception e)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

Inner Exception 1:
    InvalidOperationException: Cannot open log for source 'OPW6'. You may not have write access.

Inner Exception 2:
    Win32Exception: The RPC server is unavailable

I only have VS 2017 Community installed because of a Node.js module that needed it in the past, so don't have any real experience with it and have no idea if what I'm looking at here is of any help.

• lucas89
    lucas89
    Community Member

I have the same problem on Windows 10, 1Password 6.7.457 and .NET Framework 4.7.

It used to work fine and then when I turned on my computer today I started seeing the crashes and dialog boxes.

I have VS 2017 Community installed and when I click on debug it shows me this exception:

System.AggregateException occurred
      HResult=0x80131500
      Message=An error occurred while writing to logger(s).
      Source=Microsoft.Extensions.Logging
      StackTrace:
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.Logger.Log[TState](LogLevel logLevel, EventId eventId, TState state, Exception exception, Func`3 formatter)
       at Microsoft.Extensions.Logging.LoggerExtensions.LogError(ILogger logger, EventId eventId, Exception exception, String message, Object[] args)
       at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.ShouldCrash(String source, Exception ex) in C:\code\opw\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\App.cs:line 101
       at AgileBits.OnePassword.App.<InitExceptionTracing>b__13_1(Object sender, UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs e) in C:\code\opw\AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop\App.cs:line 92
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.PublishUnobservedTaskException(Object sender, UnobservedTaskExceptionEventArgs ueea) in f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\BCL\system\threading\Tasks\TaskScheduler.cs:line 521
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.Finalize() in f:\dd\ndp\clr\src\BCL\system\threading\Tasks\TaskExceptionHolder.cs:line 145

Inner Exception 1:
    InvalidOperationException: Cannot open log for source 'OPW6'. You may not have write access.

Inner Exception 2:
    Win32Exception: The RPC server is unavailable

I don't know if that helps at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@StepByStep3D, @lucas89: Thank you for getting in touch! It sounds like a file permissions issue or something is damaged, but I'll bring this up with the team to see if there's anything else that needs to be checked. Please install of fresh copy of both 1Password and .Net, restart Windows, and let me know if that helps:

https://1password.com/downloads/

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2017/10/17/announcing-the-net-framework-4-7-1/

• lucas89
    lucas89
    Community Member

@brenty, thanks for the reply.

I actually just updated to the latest "Creators" update for Windows 10 before I saw your message, but doing that seems to have fixed the problem for me.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. That will have included the latest .Net patches in the rollup, so that makes sense. Just glad to hear you're back up and running. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.