Download 1Password 5 for Windows [Download 1Password 4 for local vaults]

Superdave
Superdave
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, im will download 1 Password 5 for Windows.
In the product history i can only download older version for mac, in the windows history are no download links.
1Password 6 are not a option for me at the moment, i was always happy with 1Password 5.

I lose my version 5 with a new install of windows 10.

Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi

There was never a 1Password '5' for Windows only 1Password v1, v4 and presently v6. Unfortunately, none of the above (v1 and v4) versions are available for sale anymore if that is what you want.

Only 1Password.com is currently available as a subscription.

• Superdave
    Superdave
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Ok, im sure i have a version between 4.6.2 and 6.0 for windows.
    Maybe about updates, i dont remember as I have come to it.
    I have install 4.6.2 but can´t update to a higher version like before some time ago?!

I have a licence for mac and pc startet with 4.1.3 in February 2014.

To make it short, i need the last version without cloud forced, that can i use with my license key.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Superdave,

It seems that you have created two discussions with the same question, so I deleted the duplicate. I hope you don't mind. :)

1Password 4.6.2.625 is the latest version of 1Password for Windows, if you prefer using local vaults (there was never 1Password 5 for Windows). You can download it from our website, here is the direct link:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4

On a related note, we are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

Please let me know if it clarifies the confusion. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Superdave
    Superdave
    Community Member

Ok it is difficult to explain.
    I don´t know exactly what version I was, but i never need a "Sign-in address" or "Secret Key" to use 1P.
    Only install 1P (or update), link my keychain folder, enter my masterpassword and paste my license key, perhaps in a different order.
    Bevor i reinstall my windows and this story started, the shortcut icon was the white/blue like 1P 6, not the silver/blue like version 4.6.2.625.
    I do not want my tresor and master password on your cloud

Thanks for your support

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Superdave: If you are not planning to use 1Password account, then you should be using 1Password 4.6.2.625, as it is the latest version of 1Password for Windows, which supports local vaults.

Local vaults from Dropbox were partly supported in the previous versions of 1Password 6, but not anymore. They were added specifically for migrating your local vaults into 1Password.com account without having to install the Dropbox client first. We've gotten rid of this because people thought this meant local vaults were supported but it wasn't. 1Password 6 for Windows does not support local vaults at the moment. We are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I do not have any timeframe for you at this point.

I hope it helps. If you have additional questions, feel free to raise them. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Superdave
    Superdave
    Community Member

Where can I get previous versions of 1Password 6 for windows?
    In your version history for the win client are no download links, for the mac
    on the other hand, i can download all versions between 6.0 and 6.8.1 ?!

• @Superdave: Since 1Password 6 for Windows is only meant to support 1Password accounts, it's important to be using the latest version. Not only does this ensure folks have all of the latest security updates, but it also ensures continued compatibility with the extension, the servers and the latest browsers. If you're wanting to stick with your standalone vault, I'd strongly recommend sticking with 1Password 4 rather than an older version of 1Password 6. 1Password 4 will support full functionality with your standalone vault while no version of 1Password 6 will.

This discussion has been closed.