Don't let me tear my hands off of keyboard, please!

Hi, guys!

Situation is like follows: My hands on keyboard and I want to login to some app (not on a webpage), so I press ctrl+alt+. 1P mini appears. All good. Hands on keyboard. I type keywords, some records are filtered. All good. Hands on keyboard. I switch to the one I need with arrow keys, all good, hands are on keyboard. And now I don't need to press enter, because I need only password to be copied, so I press context menu key on the keyboard, and... Context menu pops up in the search field! Dudes, every time I have to tear my right hand off of keyboard and move it to the mouse so that I can copy the password of a record... This is so dissapointing, I'll better learn that password.

Fix it, please!

If you didn't understand what I'm talking about, just repeat these steps and you'll understand. Or ask me.

Thanks a lot, keep doing whatcha doing!
Leonid

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @leon1d42,

Thanks for the detailed feedback on your experiences with using 1Password. I'll be completely honest and say I'm primarily a Mac and Linux user, but I do have a gaming machine with Windows, and I only use 1Password every once in a while on it to grab passwords for some of my games.

I ran through the steps as you described and see what you mean. Personally, I think the best solution would be to provide a keyboard shortcut to copy the password from an item like we have in the 1Password app. I'll double-check with my Windows buddy @bundtkate to see if this is already in the works or if she can work some of her magic to convince our Windows developers to add it. As a person who prefers to keep my hands on the keyboard as much as possible as well, I would very much like to see this added.

In the meantime, I did notice that after you search to find the 1Password item your looking and arrow key over it, you can hit the tab key over to that item as well before hitting the context menu key and get the correct item menu. I don't think this is the very best solution, but it does work. :+1:

I hope that helps and long live the keyboard! ;)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• leon1d42
    leon1d42
    Community Member

Hi, @beyer,

Well, to use tab I have to press it twice and this is not that intuitive... But that works well enough! Thanks a lot for your concernment and help!

BTW: ctrl+c and ctrl+shift+c would fit pretty nicely

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@leon1d42: You're very welcome. I'll make sure to get a request for this keyboard shortcut added to our issue tracker if there isn't one already. :+1:

I hope you have a pleasant week. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Hey @leon1d42! I did check in with the Windows team about this and @beyer has it right -- we don't yet support keyboard shortcuts in mini, but it is on the to-do list. While I'd say my powers stop short of magic, I did pass along your feedback. I'm not the keyboard master Beyer is, so I'm glad he was able to find something workable for you in the meantime. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.