1password 4 crashing every time i press the preferences button

Options

I have trying deinstall and install again and again, but same issue. I get a pop up with info tha 1password does not work anymore after pressing preferences. Otherwise everythings works fine

Im using .net Framework 4.6.2 and win is up to date.
I dont have any idea whats wrong.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Prof
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @merci_pur,

Thanks for writing in.

I just tested this on Windows 7 with 1Password 4.6.2.625 and not able to reproduce the crash by clicking on the preferences button. I also went to the File menu > Preferences and pressing Control + P.

Does pressing Control + P or going to the File Menu > Preferences reproduce the same crash?

Are you using any proxy on your computer?

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. Yes same error! Yes im using proxy. But on my notebook/tablet/smartphone it works everything fine with the same proxy.

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

I tryed to delete everythink about 1password in system and registry to have a clean install but it doesnt help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@merci_pur: I'm sorry I'm not able to reproduce this here. If you install version 4.6.1.620, does the problem go away?

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#v620

Let me know what you find!

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

No, same Problem with this version. I dont know what to do...

• Hi @merci_pur,

Can you temporarily disconnect the network cable or wireless network, disable the proxy settings, and then try again, did 1Password still crash when you click on Preferences?

If yes, could you email us your 1Password Diagnostics Report, so we can figure this out for you. This article will explain how to do this: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Thanks!

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

Deaktivating LAN/WLAN adapter, disable Proxy Settings, same Problem. 1Password crash...

And i dont make a joke, trying to create a diagnistics Report, pressing Help > Diagnostics Report > Export to File > 1Password crash... >>>>wtf...???

Im sorry, is it possible to create the diagnostic Report a other way?

• Hi @merci_pur,

That is very unusual, it may suggest something is interfering with 1Password files.

There is another way to grab the logs:

1. Open Windows File Explorer and enter %TEMP% in the address bar
    2. Try to generate the 1Password diagnostics report again using the Help menu and then look for any files in the Windows Explorer window (from step 1) starting with 1Password
    3. If you don't see a complete 1Password.zip file there, select the 1Password files you do see and right-click to compress them into a zip file.
    4. Attach the .zip file for when you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this thread and your forum username included.

If you don't see anything in the %TEMP% directory, try entering %APPDATA%/EurekaLog/1Password in Windows File Explorer and you may see a 1Password.elf file. If you do, send that file to us.

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @MikeT
    No such File in %Temp% Folder and there is no %APPDATA%/EurekaLog/1Password directory (error no File found)

• Hi @merci_pur,

That is very unusual, we usually find something in both directories.

What anti-malware solution are you using?

Can you try this:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You may see new errors pop up after this. If you do, right-click on these errors to select "Copy > Copy Details as text".
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, i send the Email with the Log. The system language is german... i hope that is no Problem :)

• Hi @merci_pur,

Thanks, we got the email and no, German won't be a problem. If we need, we have a few German folks on our team to help us translate it.

We'll reply to your email as soon as possible.

ref: JQB-32945-561

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I finaly solved it by my self. :|
    In 1Password.InnoSetup.log.txt there was a hint:

****__
    Dest filename: C:\Windows\system32\ChilkatZip2.dll
    Time stamp of our file: 2016-03-17 17:04:12.000
    Dest file exists.
    Time stamp of existing file: 2004-07-27 00:28:58.000
    Version of our file: 9.5.0.0
    Version of existing file: 11.0.0.0
    Existing file is a newer version. Skipping.__****

I remeber i install 1Password6 befor some weeks for test purposes. Then i deinstall it and reinstall 1Password4.
    But do not change anythings in the preferences for so i lost the context.

After some tests today i see this File is not delete after deinstall of 1Password4.
    So if you install 1Password6 and deinstall it and you want to use again 1Password4 then you must manual delete this file.
    After deleting it and install 1Password4 again everthing works fine.

• Hi @merci_pur,

That is not possible because 1Password 6 does not have that file nor does it use it, it is unique to 1Password 4. Given the newer version of the said file, it means you have another program on your system that has replaced it and that version causes 1Password 4 to crash.

Do you remember installing anything else beside 1Password 6 when this crash started?

• merci_pur
    merci_pur
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

i dont remember. Only make updates since them.
    In the Moment everything works fine.

• Okay, please keep an eye out on this. I suspect if there's another update or install of that third party program, it will replace this file again causing 1Password to crash.

This discussion has been closed.