Repetitive focus stealing

Options

Greetings,

I'm on a machine that I just joined to a domain after years of standalone usage. New user account and everything. Immediately after joining the domain, I find that the browser running the 1password plugin aggressively steals focus from any other open applications - the computer is basically unusable so long as the addon is enabled. The addon is also unusable during this time - clicking the lock in the addon bar does nothing.

This happens on Chrome and Firefox, release and beta versions of both the browser and the addon.

I also tried reinstalling 1Password and changing the messaging protocol in Help->Advanced, to no avail.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.11.3
OS Version: Windows 10.0.15063
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• karunamon
    karunamon
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic report #ZVE-38149-591

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karunamon: Thanks! I'm a bit confused by the details you provided though. Do you maybe have two versions of 1Password installed? I know that can cause some issues, and you mentioned using the standalone version but moving to an account — yet the version number referenced is for the standalone version. Please let me know!

ref: ZVE-38149-591

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@karunamon: After discussing this with the team (I had remembered a similar report from a while back) it sounds like there may be an issue with the browser authorization, and since this is no longer used it's stuck in a bit of a loop. So if you are using the standalone version (4), please do the following:

1. Remove the 1Password extension from your browser.
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\AgileBits
    3. Find the OPX4.auth file there, cut and paste that file from that folder to your desktop.
    4. Restart Windows and reinstall the extension: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

Let me know how it turns out! :)

• karunamon
    karunamon
    Community Member
    Options

That did it! I am indeed using the standalone version.

All is well now. Thanks!

• stuballmac
    stuballmac
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

thank you @brenty, this suggestion worked for me too. Standalone version 4.6.2.625

• I'm glad Brenty's solution worked for you too, @stuballmac. :chuffed: If there's anything else we can help with, just let us know. :+1:

• digitrance
    digitrance
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty's solution worked for me, too! Thanks!

• @digitrance: Glad to hear it!

P.S. - Love your avatar. Batman and coffee. Two of my absolute favorite things. :love:

This discussion has been closed.