Suggestions area?

Options

Hi,

Where is the best place to put feature requests for the Windows client?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Chaza218,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

You can post your suggestions and feedback here, this is the right place to do that. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Chaza218
    Chaza218
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Greg,

2 small things;

1. a "minimize to tray when closed " feature - im a clutz who often clicks "X" and means that the Shift + / dosent work and I wonder why...
    2. A dropdown or autofill suggestion/ default username when creating a new login in a vault. Most websites use email and therefore 90% of my 70 or so logins use the same username . Would be nice if it had that default or dropdown option (similar to how the passwrod safe program has)

Thanks,

• Hey, @Chaza218! I'll definitely pass along your +1 for your second suggestion as that's one I've heard a few times before, but for your first -- 1Password shouldn't exit when you click the X. In fact, that's what I always do and it just minimizes to the notification area and the extension continues working as normal. Could you let me know what version of 1Password for Windows you're using? Also, I know you mentioned the keyboard shortcut doesn't work -- are you able to fill using the 1Password extension icon in your browser after closing 1Password? I'd like to see if we can't get this working properly for you. :chuffed:

• Chaza218
    Chaza218
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate,

You are right, it does work, I just previously had it set to lock after a short period of time.

Would it be possible to allow you to choose between locking based on 1password app activity and actual windows session activity (e.g if I am using word or browsing web, that counts as activity vs at the moment where it only monitors activity on the 1password program)

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chaza218: Even if 1Password is minimised to tray and locks after a certain period of time, pressing Ctrl + \ on your keyboard should open 1Password extension in the browser in a locked state. You should be able to fill your data after entering your Master Password and unlocking 1Password extension. Could you please confirm this behaviour on your side?

As for your suggestion, we are planning to improve lock behaviour in the future. For example, 1Password for Mac can lock when the main app window is closed, while 1Password for Windows doesn't have this feature at the moment. We have plans to make this experience more consistent across platforms, but it takes time. I hope for your understanding.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mkcom
    mkcom
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I used KeePass over the last few Years. Now me and my whole team changed to 1password.
    We are really happy so far, but in fact of having a really good windows app with a lot of features at KeePass, we are missing a few features.

Here is my List:

1. We definitely need more shortcuts:

When 1password is just in tray:
      One of the most important one is a shortcut for opening the 1password app.
      Another important shortcut is for opening the password generator.

When 1password app is open:
    A shortcut for copying the Username of the selected entry to the clipboard
    A shortcut for copying the Password of the selected entry to the clipboard

1. I really wish to have the function, that 1password app is opening by a double-click on the tray icon.
    2. A better to reach position to move the entries into another vault would be great. Maybe in the same line as the buttons “Favorite” and “Edit” at the right top corner of an entry.
    3. Deleting entries from the trash by using the button Del.
    4. In my case I would rather use Del for deleting entries from my vaults, instead of using “Del” and Ctrl+Del. Maybe you can make is changeable in the settings.

This is all for now from me. Looking forward to hear what you are saying about my Ideas.

• Hey @mkcom, thanks for the feedback! Additional shortcuts is definitely something we're working on and we are adding new ones periodically. We already have one to quick copy a password that is now active in the latest beta (Ctrl + Shift + C) and you can open the app by Ctrl + clicking tray icon in the stable release. Moving items is also much easier in the latest beta -- you will soon (or now, if you're using the beta) be able to right-click an item, select Share and then choose a new vault for the item and whether you'd like to copy or move it. This exists in the stable release, but the order is a little different (Right-click > Copy (or Move) > Select vault) and it's not as clear which vault you're choosing as which vault the item is currently in. The beta improves on this.

Specifically regarding Ctrl + Del, I'll allow one of the engineering team to potentially correct me here, but I believe Windows will not allow us to use this to delete an item because it's a system-level shortcut for deleting documents and we can't take it over. We had originally tried using just Del and it didn't work, so we made a tweak to use Ctrl + Del. That said, customizable shortcuts is another thing on the to-do list. No ETA on when it may come about, but definitely something we want to add down the road. :+1:

Overall, it sounds like we're on a similar page so I hope you'll find 1Password for Windows is moving in the right direction for you. Keep on the lookout for goodies in updates and, if you're interested, give the beta a try to get a sneak peek at forthcoming goodies. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.