1Password 6 - French version - Windows

Options

Hi!

I have a paid standalone version of 1Password on Mac and Windows. Despite being a good program that I bought just before you switched to a subscribe service, I decided to upgrade to online version.

I was pretty surprised to discover that 1Password 6 on Windows is not yet translated in french.

Do you know when it will be done ? You see, as a Canadian company, with other versions on Mac and iOS already translated, I thought french translation was a done deal for 1Password 6 on Windows.

I will wait until you translate it before paying again for it.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @JocelynC: Our translations are largely done by wonderful volunteers and 1Password fans on CrowdIn, so when different apps become available in other languages is really dependent on the number of volunteers we have available and the availability of our multi-lingual teammates to approve these translations. Specifically in the case of 1Password 6 for Windows, since it only supports 1Password.com account, translations have been a lower priority until sever-side translations can be completed. As is, certain categories and names in 1Password remain in English with a 1Password.com account, even when the app itself is available in another language. In short, definitely working on it, but we know we have a lot of work to do yet. There is a certain irony in a Canadian app not being translated into French. :blush: I hope Québec will accept my apologies for that. Thank you for the feedback and I'll be sure to pass it along to the rest of the team. :chuffed:

• JocelynC
    JocelynC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer!

I'm counting on you to pass it along to your team. Since French is already in 1Password 4 for Windows, translation should be quick!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JocelynC: I wish I could say that were the case. We can't reuse that, as 1Password 6 was built from scratch and is vastly different under the hood and in its layout. However, we do have French-speakers on the team here, so once we have everything in place it should at least be faster than some other languages. Thanks for your encouragement on this. We'll get there!

• gbergere
    gbergere
    Community Member
    Options

Hi guys,

How can we help to speed it up ? I'm personally french Native and I happy to help especially as I know some other native french like me who speak english and use 1Password. I could push them to have a look and review some translations...

I'm personally really happy with english version however to move my family on it I need the french version on windows !

Thanks to let me know how to help :chuffed:
    Geoffrey

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for you kind offer! Unfortunately there isn't anything you or I can do to contribute until all the groundwork is laid under the hood. As much as I am slightly dreading the weekend or whatever it will take me once that's available, I'm anxious to get it done too when the time comes. The good news is that because we do have some French speakers on staff, it may save you some work and get it ready quicker — though there may be some lead time on when a new version actually ships with translations. Thanks for the nudge. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.