Windows is not syncing anymore

Options

Hello,

A while ago (think about 6-12 months ago) I bought a license for 1Password for about 60 euro. Initially everything was working fine, my Mac, iPhone and Windows PC were syncing trough Dropbox.

Lately however, I can't seem to add/change anything on my Windows PC anymore. For example, I just made an account for this website to post this question and a pop-up of 1Password shows up, asking me to save the login, but when I press the "Save Login" button, nothing happens. Also there is a dropdown-thingy there but its completely empty. Also in the 1Password window, there is a button that says "+ New Item", but I cant click on it.

Also passwords that are new on my Mac don't show up on my Windows PC...

I've been reading a little bit here on the forum, and I think I read that there is no more support for Dropbox on Windows? Not sure if understand this correctly though, cause that would be pretty strange I think, since I paid money to use this thing and that would make me feel extremely screwed over (and would like my money back).

Cheers,

B

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.5
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:windows not syncing

Comments

• @bcoerver: 1Password 6 for Windows has only ever had limited support for standalone vaults in read-only mode for the purpose of importing a standalone vault into a 1Password account. Since importing no longer requires opening your standalone vault in 1Password 6, that limited support has since been removed. Your bundle license purchase included a license for 1Password 4 which does fully support standalone vaults, so what you'll want to do is uninstall 1Password 6 and install 1Password 4 from this link: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4

Once installed, you can sync up with your vault on Dropbox by choosing Used 1Password before on the Welcome screen if you aren't automatically prompted to open your vault. The good news here is that since 1Password 6 for Windows has never supported writing to standalone vaults, your vault should be completely up-to-date despite the fact that Windows hasn't been syncing. Once you've installed 1Password 4 and synced up, you'll want to add your license key from Help > Enter license key. If you need your key resent, let me know and I'll send it over to you. :chuffed:

• bcoerver
    bcoerver
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks, seems to be working now! So I guess I should turn off automatic updating, or version 4 will never auto update to 6?

Yeah would be great if you could send the key :)

• bundtkate
    edited September 2017
    Options

@bcoerver: You can keep automatic updates on. 1Password 4 won't update to 1Password 6 regardless, so no worries. :+1: I also sent over your license info again via e-mail, but let us know if you don't get it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.