1Password 6.7.457 Website Fill-ins

Options

Hi,
Long time 1Password user, and now new to the Accounts side of things...

On 1Pwd for Windows, when filling in a website with the Browser plugin (Firefox, but I believe it's any...) the site pulls up not only the login, but also the passwords generated for the site. It creates a lot of "noise."

If that has to be, could we have a preference where we could select NOT to show generated passwords? It's so cluttered that I'm actually thinking of creating another vault to move the Generated Passwords to so that it frees up my display for logins..

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Accounts

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @stsanford,

Thank you for reporting this!

I can confirm that this behaviour is different in 1Password for Mac and I believe that this is something we need to improve in 1Password for Windows in the future. Thank you for noticing! :+1:

However, could you please specify the reason why do you keep generated passwords around? I mean, when your Login item is updated using 1Password extension, and it works well after that, you do not need that password anymore, right? Maybe there is something I am missing, so please let me know. Thank you! :)

Looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• stsanford
    stsanford
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg,
    I actually don't keep them for any reason, I thought that 1Password needed them for the history area in saved passwords. I have no need to keep them actually...

Thanks,
    Scott

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stsanford: All of the passwords generated with the help of Password Generator are saved in the Passwords category. It happens automatically, so you can find the generated password if anything goes wrong with the signup/password change process.

Anyway, we should do a better job at handling them and will try to improve this experience in future updates of 1Password for Windows. Thanks again! :+1: If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.