Have 1Password on Windows 7 PC and on my iPad4. Now need access on Samsung A5 - different e-mail ?

Options

I have a new Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 and although I have 1Password showing on it from the previous phone copy, I cannot access. I also have a different e-mail address on my phone, which may complicate matters?. How do I proceed to use on my phone pleaseMalcolm

1Password Version: 1 Password for windows 6?
Extension Version: ? also on iPad4
OS Version: windows7 ultimate & iOS
Sync Type: cloud & dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Have 1Password on Windows 7 PC and on my iPad4. Now need access on Samsung A5 - different e-mail ?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Alex161

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :+1:

It sounds like you are using 1Password with a local vault synced via Dropbox (it is cross-platform). In order to use the same vault in 1Password on your Android device, please try to set up sync via Dropbox there. Here is how:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox (Android)

And let me know if it works. We are always ready to help, so I will be looking forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply Greg, but before I do, how can I find my KEY ?

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

I do hav a Key, supplied when I purchased from you 30/05/2014 beginning 1PWW- Q .............. is that it? order number 10402610 if that helps?

• @Alex161: With a standalone vault, you won't have a Secret Key. The 1PWW key is a license key for 1Password 4 for Windows, not a Secret Key. Since you mentioned that you have 1Password on your PC and your iPad already, it sounds to me like you already have a vault set up on those devices that's likely already syncing via Dropbox. If this sounds correct to you, what you'll want to do on the Android device is tap Dropbox on the Welcome screen and follow the prompts to access your existing vault. No need for a key of any kind and no need to worry about your e-mail address. :+1:

If you're uncertain whether your vault on Windows and iPad is already syncing or if you're having any trouble finding the right option on your Android, just let us know and we'll take a closer look. :chuffed:

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, it seems to have worked OK and if I have any problems, I will get back to you. Much appreciated. Malcolm

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good, Malcolm! We're here if you need us. :)

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

.......................and every time I have called for help, its always been there. Many times in the early days when starting out, but then the software is so very good, that problems do not arrise. The latest was my continued lack of knowledge with technology, but you guys and gals have all the answers. Thank you all so very much for such a wonderful system and security, with good, caring backup whenever needed.
    Malcolm

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alex161: Thank you for your kind words! :blush: Your feedback is what keeps us going. Please feel free to contact us anytime, we are always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.