Restore from MacOs 1p4.zip

Options

Hello!

My mac has died yesterday and I need my passwords asap. I have no access to macs now (and I won't get it in acceptable time) so I have to use my windows pc now.
I have my mac's drive connected as external usb drive to windows machine and I can access 1Password backups:

1Password %data% .1p4_zip

The problem is, that 1Password 4 for Windows won't import or restore data from .1p4_zip, .zip and .sqllite.
I have followed a couple of different ways described here on forum, but without any success.
1Passwod version for mac was, I guess, 4 (latest updade for non-cloud version), backup data located in \Users\User\Library\Application Support\1Password 4\Backups\

So, my question is: how can I restore 1Password for Mac data from 1p4_zip to 1Password for windows?

Thank you for your help!

King Regards
OP

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @AMvl: You won't be able to restore a Mac backup on Windows, unfortunately. Backups are meant to be restored with the app that created them (in this case, 1Password for Mac). Were you syncing this vault at all? Are you able to find a .agilekeychain or .opvault file/folder on that Mac drive?

1Password for Windows can open Agile Keychain or OPVault vaults. If you were syncing your data on your Mac, you'll find one of these either on the Mac's drive or on Dropbox. If you may have been syncing via iCloud, you won't be able to sync up with the PC, but you could sync up with 1Password for iOS if you have an iOS device available. Without knowing your full setup for certain, however, these are just guesses at things that might work. Searching the drive for Agile Keychains and OPVaults would be a good start if you're not sure if you were syncing.

• AMvl
    AMvl
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Thanks for your answer, but I've got everything working.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well, and you were able to get your data. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.