Is there a way to import all of my passwords from Chrome and change them?

Options

One of my accounts was hacked today which has finally motivated me to actually get 1password up and running. Unfortunately, I used the password on the hacked account in many other places. What's the best way for me to proceed if I need to change 100+ account passwords immediately?

1Password Version: 4.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lina You have to enable an option to be able to export your passwords. To do that, go to this address chrome://flags and look for "Password import and export" which you will need to enable. After restarting your browser, go to this url chrome://settings/passwords and you should have the possibility to export your passwords.

Now, to import those passwords into 1Password you can refer to this tutorial: https://support.1password.com/import/

And finally, I'm afraid that you won't be able to edit your passwords in bulk. See this tutorial to learn how to change the password of any website: https://support.1password.com/change-website-password/.

• lina
    lina
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! In the process of changing 805 passwords. :'(

Just fyi, the current version of Chrome does not support pasword export, but Chrome Canary does.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lina,

I am sorry to hear about your hacked account! It is never too late to start using a password manager. Am I right to understand that you have managed to export all of your passwords out of Chrome?

As Mathieu_G noticed above, there is no workaround to change all of your passwords in bulk, but please let us know if you have any difficulties with 1Password, we are always here if you need us. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• lina
    lina
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, @Greg. I got them out of Chrome by downloading Chrome Canary (the experimental version) and then exported per @Mathieu_G's directions. Unfortunately I had 800 passwords saved. So now I'm trying to sort through them and triage. It's overwhelming!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lina, thank you for your reply!

I can totally understand where you are coming from. Please take your time and let us know if you need our help. We are always here for you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.