Importing UK dates

Options

I have imported my 1password standalone vault and all dates in UK format (dd/mm/yy) have been marked as 'unsupported field' and the data lost. The same also occurred with my UK bank cards where the date is in the format mm/yy. Couldn't these fields have been converted to a text date type rather than simply deleting the information?

Comments

• @tonyj: I tried importing some items using the built-in date fields (Identities in 1Password 4 look to default to UK format), including a credit card with mm/yy and they all imported fine for me. Were the dates that have gone missing part of custom fields in 1Password 4? If so, did you create these custom fields as date field or text fields? Any details you can provide about the original items in 1Password 4 will be helpful for testing as it'll be easier to track down why this is happening if we can reproduce it ourselves. Thanks! :chuffed:

• tonyj
    tonyj
    Community Member
    Options

bundtkate: I will have to re-install the standalone verision of 1Password and import a backup. Will get back to you.

• tonyj
    tonyj
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate: The fields do appear to be standard date fields:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tonyj: Can you clarify a few things?

1. Where are you exporting data from?
    2. Are you processing the export in any way?
    3. Where are you importing the data?

Please give software versions for any OS and apps involved so we can get a better understanding of the issue. Thanks in advance!

• tonyj
    tonyj
    Community Member
    Options

I am exporting from the latest version of the standalone version of 1Password and then importing into the latest subscription version of 1Password. The file was not processed in any way. The PC is running Windows 10. The language is set to English UK and the date format is set to dd/mm/yyyy

• @tonyj: This is going to sound piddly, but it's important. You mentioned you were exporting from 1Password 4. The best way to import standalone data into your 1Password account on Windows is to import your AgileKeychain or OPVault file into 1Password 6 for Windows. There's no need to export your data at all and, in fact, I'd not be surprised if importing an export (1PIF, for example) does cause some problems. Are you, in fact, exporting data from 1Password 4 or are we getting bogged down in linguistic silliness here? Thanks and apologies for the semantics, but for once it actually does matter. :wink:

This discussion has been closed.